happy halloween

eloplayspolo
eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
edited November 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
So, i got in my car and it said that on my 9885, ha it was cool, made me happy and my little sister yelled "IT KNOWS THAT?"
2013 Toyota Prius
Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
(2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
Mosconi 6to8 v8
Post edited by eloplayspolo on

Comments

• Manilaboy
    Manilaboy Posts: 49
    edited November 2007
    Hi eloplayspolo,

This may be a bit off topic but I noticed your set-up, and I was just wondering if you didn't have any power problems with the stock alternator running that kind of power load. I too have an 07 civic sedan but a single hifonics txi 6406 amp feeding 85wrms into a pair of polk db speakers up front and 370w rms bridged to a single 8-inch momo sub. The problem is at more than half volume playing trance music, the car's instrument lights and cabin lights dim to the beat. Do you notice the same thing in your car? BTW, belated happy holloween! :)
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2007
    hahah it was just kinda exciting to see it for the first time.

As far as lights dimming, When i play trance or any songs that hit really hard, i do get dimming lights, but its only when its cranked pretty loud where most people who ride with me feel uncomfortable. i do have a 3 farad tsunami cap hooked up too.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • Manilaboy
    Manilaboy Posts: 49
    edited November 2007
    I see, a friend did suggested a capacitor might solve the problem. Thanks for the reply! :)