Return of the Cuda?

PolkThug
PolkThug Posts: 7,532
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
taken from carscoop...

Looks like all those rumors about Chrysler reviving the ‘Cuda (Barracuda) nameplate were true after all. These scoop pictures were taken from the SEMA showroom in Las Vegas today giving us a sneak peak of what Chrysler has in store for us tomorrow morning. For the time being however, there’s no info whatsoever on the new ‘Cuda but it's obvious that the concept is based on the 2009 Dodge Challenger (click here) and that it's wearing a Dodge Charger interior. We’re not going to get delirious and talk about a production version, but being the 60 & 70’s muscle cars suckers that we are, we wouldn’t mind at all.

CUDA1.jpg

CUDA2.jpg

CUDA3.jpg

CUDA4.jpg
Post edited by PolkThug on

Comments

• MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    While I'm a diehard Mustang junkie, the 'Cuda looks sharp! I wouldn't want that sissy automatic however... :rolleyes:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    Nice!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited October 2007
    Looks nice, too bad it will be about $80K if they do make it. Cerebus will likely dump or break apart Chrysler in the near future.
    Venom
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited October 2007
    Sweet tittie! :D

4 thumbs up! [Oh wait, I only have two. Damn.]
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited October 2007
    I really like it. It beats the Camaro re-issue and gives the proposed T/A
    a run for it's money. The old Cudas were about the only car I liked better
    than the 69' Camaro.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited October 2007
    looks like a cross between the old camaros(side shot) and a mustang(rear shoot)
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    The front end looks like it was in a smash up and it's not fully repaired yet. The rest of the lines are really nice though.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2007
    I'll take one.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    It looks good and resembles the original more closely than the new Challanger.I would have a hard time choosing between the new Cuda and new Camaro.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited October 2007
    Cuda? I thought we were talking about something else fun to drive and play with . . .:cool:
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited October 2007
    The Cuda would be cool in one of those wild '70's colors like plum crazy, lime green, rasberry and some of the others Chrysler had available. If you are going retro, go all the way!:cool:
    Carl

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2007
    Hemi?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited October 2007
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    Cuda? I thought we were talking about something else fun to drive and play with . . .:cool:

The back seat in that Cuda isn't big enough:cool::D

Carl
    Carl

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited October 2007
    How about the T/A

Not a done deal as of yet.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Systems
    edited October 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    The Cuda would be cool in one of those wild '70's colors like plum crazy, lime green, rasberry and some of the others Chrysler had available. If you are going retro, go all the way!:cool:
    I ll take mine in lime green thank you.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    How about the T/A

OMG! I hadnt heard about a new TA! The 1977-78 Trans-Am is my alltime favorite car. If Pontiac were to come out with a throwback TA that did the namesake justice, Id be the first one in line!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited October 2007
    That is a sweet looking ride!

Anyone remember the old Roadrunners? Had a guy in the neighborhood many many many years ago that had one. Now if they could bring that one back....

The T/A is looking good also. They'd have to have Burt Reynolds drive that one out and debut it. Smokey and the Bandit made that car!

Some good looking hot rods coming back!

John
    No excuses!
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2007
    I want that TransAm! However, it still looks too cartoonish, like the Camaro. I wish Chevy would really get those two right. :(
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Systems
    edited October 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    That is a sweet looking ride!

Anyone remember the old Roadrunners? Had a guy in the neighborhood many many many years ago that had one. Now if they could bring that one back....
    Or better yet bring back the RoadRunner Superbird.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    The back seat in that Cuda isn't big enough:cool::D

Carl

And that's why I had a Charger back in the 70's. It had a back seat as big as a bedroom. :p
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited October 2007
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    And that's why I had a Charger back in the 70's. It had a back seat as big as a bedroom. :p

My first car was an old Chevy Tahoe. I put a queen matress in the back . . .
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited October 2007
    As a fan and owner of the '79 and '80 TA, that pic makes me want to put my head down. Yugo could design a car better for retro. [not really, just being sarcastic ;) ].
    They can do better. It's not a transformer car. The legend dictates it's a little shy of a race craft. 90 mph sideways is standard.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited November 2007
    I love the '67.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited November 2007
    'Cuda! 'Cuda! 'Cuda! 'Cuda! 'Cuda! 'Cuda! 'Cuda! 'Cuda! 'Cuda! 'Cuda!

:D
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2007
    Badass!!!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    How about the T/A

I'd drive it, don't care for the new camaro though, go figure
    SolidSqual wrote: »

thats a cooter;)
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited November 2007
    sweet! Nice blend of old styling and new technology

The interior could use a little more retro look. A ribbed the steering column like below would be a nice retro touch
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • edwardm10
    edwardm10 Posts: 104
    edited November 2007
    The new Cuda is gorgeous! The screaming chicken on that T/A however hasn't been cool since Erik Estrada drove one! Note to Pontiac -- lose the decal.
  • Beekyman
    Beekyman Posts: 150
    edited November 2007
    I hope there will be a HemiCuda version!
    2 Channel Rig
    Source 1 - Apple TV
    Source 2 - Parasound D3 Universal Player
    Source 3 - Parasound Tuner T3
    Pre-amp - Parasound HALO P3
    Amplifier - Parasound HALO A21
    Speakers - Martin Logan Vista
    Power Conditioning - Panamax M5100-EX
  • Bad Dog
    Bad Dog Posts: 13
    edited November 2007
    Wish I still had my old 'Cuda with the 383 Magnum and pistol grip shifter.