Nspd-51 ?

bikezappa
bikezappa Posts: 2,463
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
This directive was signed by Bush in May this year.

There has been very little about this directive in the news.

What bothers me are two issues

1. Where was the debate about this directive?
2. Whay are 2 parts of this directive secret?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html

Check it out if you can understand it, or just google it, NSPD-51.
Post edited by bikezappa on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    There is no debate is needed as far as presidential directives go-Congress could right a bill to counter it or the court system could say it was unconstitutional but I would case that if this witch hunter congress has not gone after this yet then there is nothing in it to be attacked.

I quickly scanned it and missed the 2 secret parts but that would be the president's perrogative.

Looks more like a continuity of government plan in the case of a catastrophic attack against one or more of the branches.

What has you so up in arms? These things come and go and have been since Russia's first nuclear test.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited October 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    What has you so up in arms? These things come and go and have been since Russia's first nuclear test.

I didn't think my post suggested that I was "up in arms"

The directive was issued without any review by Congress and the Surpreme Court. There has never been a directive to my knowledge from the president that can suspend the Constitution or cancel upcoming elections.

The NSPD has two secret clauses that that the adminisration won't disclose to anyone inluding, congressional oversight committies, on the grounds of "national security concerns."

Just thought people would want to know about this directive.