Dogs shot man on hunting trip

Danny Tse
Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Ahhh....could've been worse
CHICAGO (AFP) - A pack of hunting dogs shot an Iowa man as he went to retrieve a fallen pheasant, authorities said.

James Harris, 37, was shot in the leg while hunting with some friends on Saturday afternoon.

The group shot a bird which landed on the other side of a fence, the Iowa Department of Natural Resource said in a press release.

"Harris reportedly went to retrieve the bird, placed his gun on the ground and crossed the fence near the muzzle end," the press release said.

"When he crossed the fence, hunting dogs stepped on the gun, which discharged and struck Harris in the left calf at a distance of roughly three feet."

Harris was treated at a regional medical center and later transported by helicopter to an Iowa City hospital.
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    Dick Cheney's dog?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited October 2007
    Thats hilarious. He'll never live that one down.

P.S. The oppo is working great and it is by far one the best dvd players I have ever had. Thanks!
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited October 2007
    He won't forget them a treat next time....
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited October 2007
    Pheasant's revenge, now he knows what it feels like to be hunted :D

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    It would have been funny if he was shot in the ****!
  • hypertone
    hypertone Posts: 150
    edited October 2007
    Next time he'll be sure that no bullet is in the chamber and the safety is on.
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited October 2007
    OMG thats funny
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2007
    Always empty the chamber when you put the gun down, cross a fence, etc. One of the primary rules of gun handling. This is just one of a long line of gun mis-haps caused by dogs stepping on or knocking over guns!

It's still funny as long as it doesn't happen to you :rolleyes: We had a police K9 officer whose dog discharged his pistol into his leg!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC