Canadian customers

VSOPJ
VSOPJ Posts: 15
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Greetings distinguished members of this forum,

To our fellows Canadian customers, which I am proud to be as well, let me mention that, again, pricing policies and outrageous markup from Canadian retailers hit again. The new Rti12, the RTiA9 is offered at 1999.99$ CAN. At today's rate (Oct 28th), the rate is 1 CAD = 1.03945 USD= 2078.88 US. The MSRP for that item, from the Polk Audio site, is 1749.90 US. What the hell?

I am disappointed, but not really surprised. The economics are constantly changing and the retail market (electronics, automobile, etc.) is not adapting to those changes. Well, it does, but only when it has an excuse to ask more from customers. Ex: Somebody was seen looking at the oil pipes in Saudi Arabia. Result: Let's raise the gas prices 10 cents a liter because of the possible threat to National security and such. Canadians, don't expect it to change one bit. Do yourself a favor. Use the laws economics on them. Buy somewhere else, namely US. You tell me it's not the patriotic thing to do? Well, who's not reaching out to the people? This is my 0.02 cent. Make that my 0.0207889 cent.