Why did I bother buying a sub woofer???lol

LiquidLight
LiquidLight Posts: 9
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Welp, I've recently moved again & once more I've had a neighbor complain about too much bass! I give up lol..$500 bucks for an awesome Polk sub n its going to make a great plant stand!
Post edited by LiquidLight on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2007
    Invite the neighbor over for a pizza and movie night.....
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    I understand you want to crank up the sound level, hey, we all do. I agree, ask the person over and they seem decent. In today's world, who knows?

If you are in an apt. well go figure. It will always be like that in an apt. What time of day is this occurring at? Does the neighbor have children; bedtime comes early for them. Are these people old? Do they work **** work? It's called consideration.

I was at a fellow club member's place a few weeks ago in the USA. His system will blow the doors off. But this considerate person was very selective about the time of day that the system was turned up. It is called consideration and respect for the people you live around.

I work in a corporate office. On the 11th floor we can hear this idiot sitting at a set of lights in his car. No, he is not revving up the engine. The bass is rattling the windows. This is annoying for the people that actually work for a living and I know for sure that he will not be cranking it up like that again.

Don't get me wrong, I love to turn it up. But I own a home and I am selective about the time of day. My neighbors have children and I have actually approached them all and asked them if they ever hear my music or HT. My neighbors are great and I have had them over to listen and watch. And the point is: I have never had a problem or a complaint. Happy listening.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited October 2007
    Movie pizza and liquids and then some music should do the trick.

Good Luck,
    engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • LiquidLight
    edited October 2007
    Eh, The neighbor is kinda redneck, lol. He likes two types of music...country and western :P Don't think I'll be having him over to watch any movies lol, unless I pick up some "Hee Haw" on DVD :P I wasnt even playing my music very loud, lol, its just the bass goes right through the walls. He couldnt hear the music just the bass, doh!
  • Shannon W.
    Shannon W. Posts: 568
    edited October 2007
    Throw on some Marty Robbins (El Paso) or some Frankie Laine (Rawhide). I bet he would be your next best friend! LoL

Shannon
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Sony STR-DA4ES "use as Pre/amp"
    Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD Player
    DLO HomeDock Deluxe iPod docking station
    Directv HR20 Sat. Receiver in black
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 7 Signature Amp
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Monster Cable HTPS 5100 MKII
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
    Click Here To View my Rig
  • LiquidLight
    edited October 2007
    LOL thats two references to the movie "The Blues Brothers" So I better give them credit haha. When Jake n Elwood tried to play soul/blues at "Bob's Country Bunker" They sedated the crowd with "Rawhide", lol I may have to try that!
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited October 2007
    Lol Rawhide Ye Ha
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited October 2007
    That is the best part about working nights I get home and NOT ONE PERSON IS HOME AT MY HOUSE AND NO ONE AT ANY OTHER HOUSE. I cranck the crap out of my system Rock on Eagles rock on
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000