Go Red Sox!!!

2»

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    kingkip wrote: »
    It's not so much the organization as the "nation" that bugs me.

Go Rocks.

You're just jealous ;)
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    Red Sox Nation was all right when it was just a concept, a group of people referred to by a common name. As soon as they started sending out cards and voting for presidents, it got retarded.

Very, very retarded.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    You mean so you can have some lardass that can barely make it to first trying for a HR at every at bat and pitchers pitching inside with virtual immunity? ;)

Touche good sir. I often wonder how I would feel on the subject if I was "brought up" with an NL team instead of an AL team. Because I certainly see the argument against DH's, just overall disagree.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Red Sox Nation was all right when it was just a concept, a group of people referred to by a common name. As soon as they started sending out cards and voting for presidents, it got retarded.

Very, very retarded.

..and proud of it!!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    Hey, I'm part of it, I'm just much more embarrassed by that fact than I used to be. :)
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Go Ellsbury.......freeeee Tacoo!!!!!
  • phipiper10
    phipiper10 Posts: 955
    edited October 2007
    Can we all at least agree on taking a bat to Mccarver?

"He can strike like a cobra in a basket"???? WTF....He is an ****!

GO SOX!
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited October 2007
    phipiper10 wrote: »
    Can we all at least agree on taking a bat to Mccarver?

"He can strike like a cobra in a basket"???? WTF....He is an ****!

GO SOX!

You mean he doesn't poison opposing players to death with his teeth?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Go Red Sox! Nachos are ready for my friends and I!

Oh yea, 4 beers deep and its the first inning. :D Guess who's gonna be sick tonight!!!!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    2 run rbi single dice k.....loooooooool
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Who let the homeless guy in the dugout? (youk with 2 sweatshirts, a jacket and rubber glvoes)
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited October 2007
    Who let the homeless guy in the dugout? (youk with 2 sweatshirts, a jacket and rubber glvoes)

Looks like he's going to hop on his snowmobile to leave the ballpark.
  • phipiper10
    phipiper10 Posts: 955
    edited October 2007
    Had me worried for a bit but well worth the wait. I'm excited about the future too since they have so much home grown talent(for little money)

Youkilis
    Pedroia
    Ellsbury
    Bucholz
    Lester
    Papelbon
    Del Carmen
    Hansen (maybe next year?)

Locked up already with the sox for a few years
    Drew - for better or worse
    Beckett
    Daisuke

The whole middle part of the order including Tek is where the turnover will be in the coming years. Manny is irreplaceable but think he has to go and Papi's knees are starting to go so it's unlikely he'd be resigned when his current deal is up. How long can Tek get behind the plate.

I think more championships are ahead - soon!
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss WINNNNNNNARRRRRSSS!!!
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited October 2007
    Game, Set, Match.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2007
    Well that was easy.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    Not to be ungrateful, but haven't the last 2 World Series wins for the Sox been kind of anticlimactic?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Yep, to be honest I wasn't even really focused on this glued to the TV like last one......At this point, with their payroll and their players, they SHOULD win the world series. However, had they lost a game or 2 and made it interesting.......it would have been that much better. The Rockies never took a commanding lead in any of the 4 games and any lead they had was held for an inning or two tops. It was actually on the boring side....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2007
    Yes!!!!! Back to my regular TV shows.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Anyone else find it funny they were exclusively drinking Bud Light on Coors Field? :D
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited October 2007
    Not to be ungrateful, but haven't the last 2 World Series wins for the Sox been kind of anticlimactic?

Had this series been against the Mets, or even the Cubs, I think it would have been a bit more exciting. The Rocks were just too overpowered in every department to make a genuine run at it.

2004 was all about the ALCS against the Yankees. The World series was just going through the motions; everyone knew the outcome after coming back from 3 - 0 in the Championship Series.

How about Arod giving the finger to New York? Who do you think is going to make a stab at him?
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    Refefer wrote: »
    Who do you think is going to make a stab at him?

Hopefully a crazy homeless guy with a rusty knife?
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited October 2007
    The Mets and the Cubs would have looked worse, period. That was some of the finest team hitting ever put on display by the Red Sox. Total discipline waiting for pitches in their wheelhouse. Not to mention a bit of luck in that they had so many seeing-eye singles and line drives to the left field line.

Defensively, tremendous starting pitching, they owned the corners. In the end, Rockies manager Clint Hurdle said it best, "they executed much better than us". That group of players created the Perfect Storm in baseball terms.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited October 2007
    Bagged:
    If memory serves me right, you can get all the Coors you want there, or go to the in-stadium micro brew.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    markmarc wrote: »
    Bagged:
    If memory serves me right, you can get all the Coors you want there, or go to the in-stadium micro brew.

I'm sure, i just found it amusing the Sox were drinking bud light ON coors field :D
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I love when every ninth batter is just a gimme strikeout, and you're stuck with a hitter going .118 for the season. It's much more exciting than having someone who is there just to hit, aka, the only reason people even watch baseball.

it also makes a manager use strategy...the DH extends careers though
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2007
    phipiper10 wrote: »
    Had me worried for a bit but well worth the wait. I'm excited about the future too since they have so much home grown talent(for little money)

Youkilis
    Pedroia
    Ellsbury
    Bucholz
    Lester
    Papelbon
    Del Carmen
    Hansen (maybe next year?)

Locked up already with the sox for a few years
    Drew - for better or worse
    Beckett
    Daisuke

The whole middle part of the order including Tek is where the turnover will be in the coming years. Manny is irreplaceable but think he has to go and Papi's knees are starting to go so it's unlikely he'd be resigned when his current deal is up. How long can Tek get behind the plate.

I think more championships are ahead - soon!

of course yer excited for the future..there's no hope for any other team that isn't in New York, Chicago or LA..

Sure..every once in awhile a team that doesn't spend $150 million on payroll can win, but those teams have to be nearly perfect in draft picks and get VERY lucky on lower tier free agents..

kinda silly actually that there is no salary cap

but hey..If I was a Boston fan, I wouldn't care about anyone else either....you just won another World Series

plus the Sox have a GREAT chance at getting A-Rod now..rediculous
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub