E. S. P.

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
What you describe is quite natural. Of course, some people have more of these abilities than others.

BTW -- your son didn't outgrow it, although children are much more capable of engaging in psychic behavior until they "learn" otherwise. Imagine if you taught your son at a very early age to develop his psychic abilities by giving him exercises to do.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    Just be careful of the man in Horn-Rimmed glasses. (Heroes reference).

I vaguely remember as a kid seeing a few inconsequential things that hadn't happened yet. One could be chalked up to coincidence - I had a dream about riding a brand new bicycle, and the next day my parents got me the very bike I had dreamed about.

But the other could not. I was maybe 10 or 12. I had a dream that involved me living in a house I had never seen before.

A few weeks later, my parents told me we were moving... and the house we moved into looked identical to the one in my dream.

Unfortunately, memories and even moreso dreams are so often affected by what we see afterwards that it's tough to say whether I really saw this house, or it was randomly similar enough that my memory of the dream was immediately reshaped.

Still, the potential "powers" of the mind are always intriguing.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited October 2007
    My wife said I was Phsychic.....or was that phsychotic..

....man I wish I could read her mind....

On a serious note. Many times I can feel a slight pain somewhere, like my ear or stomach. Then my son will tell me he has an ear ache ...wierd.

Not long ago my shoulder was killing me, for no reason. Then my dad called and said he just twisted his arm working on something at the house.

And deja-vu all the time.

I cant explain it, but I know what your saying.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    I don't know, a couple of ... squiggly lines?
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    I've had a few situations where I had a feeling something specific was going to happen, and they did. I usually write them off as a coincidence though.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited October 2007
    I forsee this thread going down the tubes in quick fashion......:D

Used to believe in this stuff. Now I'm a just an old miserable
    skeptic.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    I forsee a massive bowel movement in my future.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    Wonder if its esp, or your subconscious mind putting together all the puzzle pieces together a little ahead of normal...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    Hey, I got E.S.P. too!

Yep, says it right there on my Sony Discman...E.S.P. (Electronic Shock Protection)! Works pretty good too!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • auto_pilot
    auto_pilot Posts: 256
    edited October 2007
    The one case of ESP I would say is legitimate is between man and wife...

Often times a couple could finish each other's sentences...know what the other is thinking at any given situation.

This happens to me a lot...
    Cambridge Audio AZUR 640R
    KEF IQ2C Center, Fronts KEF IQ1 , Rears KEF Ci302Q
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Panasonic Plasma 1080i (50u)
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
    Belkin Pure Audio PF31 Line Conditioner
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    Hey, I got E.S.P. too!

Yep, says it right there on my Sony Discman...E.S.P. (Electronic Shock Protection)! Works pretty good too!

Disc.... man? You mean iPod? :confused:

;)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited October 2007
    If you can't repeat said phenomemon is a controlled ABX situation you are full of crap :D. and it didn't happen.

Just carrying over the logic from another thread and from a person in particular in that thread. :eek::)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!