Our city's latest trend ...grrrrrrr

Willow
Willow Posts: 10,994
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
http://ottawasun.com/News/BreakingNews/2007/10/22/4597447.html

there were 4 more prank/false alarms yesterday !

Back in my days of High school, we just skipped class...
Post edited by Willow on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    Unfortunately it's a sign of the times. My question to the Feds is when in the hell are you going to change the Youth Criminal Justice Act. It may not stop it, but it sure will help somewhat.
    Now what happens is the police treat the real threat as bogus and do not respond in due time.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited October 2007
    Stupid is as stupid does.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited October 2007
    it just sucks that some one could be in real trouble while they are locking down a school.
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited October 2007
    Sucks that they can't be charged criminally. But why not 'charge' them and/or the parents the costs of responding? Having to hock your ipod and cell phone to pay the bill might be a wake up.
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    I recall this in my highschool. But the fire alarms had black ink in them so that the person that pulled it would get shot with ink that they couldnt take off and would be easy to track down :)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    I recall this in my highschool. But the fire alarms had black ink in them so that the person that pulled it would get shot with ink that they couldnt take off and would be easy to track down :)

Doesn't work as well for prank calls / bomb scares. Though if you develop the technology to squirt ink over phone lines, PLEASE let me know ASAP ;)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.