Hearingimpared's Visit

George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
He walked out of here with 175 albums. Plus, he guessed the amount of records he picked out, by looking at the pile. He bought a NAD tuner and Proton cassette deck too. Great guy. We had a lot of laughs. His wife sent over some pork that we haven't tried yet but I'm sure it's fantastic. I'd say he took 170 classical out of 175.

Thanks a million Joe.
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    175? So much for my 'Championship Records' moniker. Oh well.

He came to play, both guns blazing. Good on both of you guys.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    Glad you guys had a great time. Joe, you are the vinyl man.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited October 2007
    Only a 175 albums. His trunk has more room then that. LOL

Congrats on the visit and good time,
    engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    I told Joe it is not fair for him to run to George's to pick the best classical before he lists it...:mad:;)

Good to see you had a good time though :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited October 2007
    I talked to Joe the other day, & he couldn't stop raving about his visit. Nothing but sincere compliments about George & his genuine love of people. Joe even said it was like he had a "spiritual moment". I'm real close to you George, I'll have to make it a point to pay you a visit one of these days.

I won't be walking away with any vinyl though!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    Joe even said it was like he had a "spiritual moment".

I bet that was related to the touching sessions.....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    I talked to Joe the other day, & he couldn't stop raving about his visit. Nothing but sincere compliments about George & his genuine love of people. Joe even said it was like he had a "spiritual moment". I'm real close to you George, I'll have to make it a point to pay you a visit one of these days.

I won't be walking away with any vinyl though!!

You say that now.

I don't think I have ever left George's house without something in my hands. Even when I have gone just for the sake of seeing a friend.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited October 2007
    You guys are all impressed with the 175 number.........those are just the one's Joe ate.........he had a lot more room in his car for some extras..........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    brettw22 wrote: »
    You guys are all impressed with the 175 number.........those are just the one's Joe ate.........he had a lot more room in his car for some extras..........

Nah man vinyl tastes nasty. I prefer CDs they taste like chicken!
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    He walked out of here with 175 albums. Plus, he guessed the amount of records he picked out, by looking at the pile. He bought a NAD tuner and Proton cassette deck too. Great guy. We had a lot of laughs. His wife sent over some pork that we haven't tried yet but I'm sure it's fantastic. I'd say he took 170 classical out of 175.

Thanks a million Joe.

Thank you George for the opportunity to help that awesome Glithens Center.

You are truely an awesome human being!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    I'm all for helping the Githen's Center but that SOB needs to flip for some new pillow cases. Everytime I come home from deployment, mine got Brylcreme stains on them.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Ha ha ha, I've heard about the Brylcreme. No Brylcreme on Georges hair Monday, u' natural was the flavor of the day. I was envying his full head of hair as a matter of fact!

BTW that inside out record was really cool looking. I would to hear how that sounds on a decent analog front end.