I am at a loss....

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
As I sit here looking out my office window...the strangest phenomenon is occurring as I type. There seems to be some sort of MOISTURE falling from the sky! So much so that it is actually forming liquid puddles on the ground and pavement. Are any of you Polkies out there familiar with this sort of thing happening? I’ve tuned my radio to the emergency frequency…but no word yet. I remember the old folks talking about this moisture back in the day. Rain, I believe they called it.
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited October 2007
    Chocolate Rain.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2007
    Some stay dry and others feel the pain.
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited October 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Chocolate Rain.

You jerk, now that damn song will be stuck in my head all night. Will it ever end!

~J
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2007
    lol :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    edited October 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Chocolate Rain.

Will a Raspberry Beret help?

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2007
    I just had a nice image of Apollonia's hindquarters pop into my head.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2007
    Ugh, youre lucky. You get to look out your window at it.

I just got home from being out in it all day. Nothing more fun than spending the entire day in downtown Chattanooga delivering kegs to all the dives we have down here in a 10 hour straight downpour.

Its days like this I wish Id gone to college.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    No kidding; it has been "moisturing" here for over 24 hours now, and I KNOW my sump pump is acting weird; I have a replacement plus a back up pump sitting in the garage for over two weeks now, and have been too lazy to install them.
    The even WORST part is that the boss already made a nice comment...she said something like "wouldn't it be great to have the basement flooded with those things in the garage? I guess cleaning records had a higher priority this weekend??"

Damn...

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • shack
    edited October 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    Ugh, youre lucky. You get to look out your window at it.

Yeah, but here in a little while I've got to get out in traffic. I have theory that many people have a disorder where their brain is allergic to moisture. I know this cause every times it rains they stick their head up their ****. Makes for very pleasant rush hour traffic..
    MacLeod wrote:
    Nothing more fun than spending the entire day in downtown Chattanooga delivering kegs to all the dives we have down here in a 10 hour straight downpour.

But look at it this way...it's only happened like once all year (rain...much less a 10 hour downpour)
    MacLeod wrote:

There are days I wish I drove a beer truck.

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited October 2007
    NC is really suffering.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited October 2007
    Originally Posted by MacLeod

Today I should have been driving the beer truck. At least I am drinking it now:cool:

Shack send some rain to MD my well would appreciate a fill up.

JT
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited October 2007
    shack wrote: »
    Will a Raspberry Beret help?

The kind you find in a second-hand store?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    That so called rain is really cool when you're going to a troop meeting at 18:55 ...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited October 2007
    shack, here in Ky we are dry also but not after yesterday & today Ive got 5 in in my gauge!
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited October 2007
    NC is really bad. I got married on May 12th of this year and we have had 4 rain showers ever since then [today being one of them] giving us a grand total of a whopping inch and 1/2. Stage 4 water restrictions, all lakes closed because the lakes are below where the ramps and docks protrude [14' below normal]. Streams and creeks that are a commonplace are non existent.

I had mentioned before that I was worried that the Nuclear power plants would have to be shut down and we would have to rely on the national electrical grid. Well, it's happened. Now, Atlanta says that they have a 75 day water supply left and they want to use our water. What water?

We can't wash our car, at home or any car wash, can't water the lawn and we are lucky we can take showers at this point, let alone flush the toilet. It's pretty bad down/up here.

I know how you feel though Shack. I looked outside with total amazement at the fact that this "stuff" was in the air. It's almost like I forgot what it looked like. No kidding either. :eek:

....and yes, I went out and danced in it!!!! :D:D:D

Best 15 minutes I've had outside in a while......and then the rain slowly moved on..........:(
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    I have theory that many people have a disorder where their brain is allergic to moisture. I know this cause every times it rains they stick their head up their ****.

That's not a theory, it's a fact.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk