A Classy Guy/Great Human Being!

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
I met up with George Grand today and there is no better human being on this earth! George you are an awesome and gracious host.

We went to the Glithens Center and I was so touched by the staff.

Generosity exudes from you sir.
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    He's the most genuine person I've ever met.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
    I never doubted that even though I have never met the man.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    George is a crusty old **** (much like myself) with whom I would gladly take the opportunity to meet and possibly spend an afternoon discussing things we agree and/or disagree on. I can't stand to talk to disingenuous fools. George is neither.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    I met up with George Grand today and there is no better human being on this earth! George you are an awesome and gracious host.

We went to the Glithens Center and I was so touched by the staff.

Generosity exudes from you sir.

I hav not had the pleasure of meeting George yet, but I'm pretty sure when I do we'll have a nice chat and enjoy some nice rum.

Now, being touched by the whole staff of the Glithens Center.....I don't know....... Was Doro there? Was this touching thing his idea?????

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    I was wondering about that touching thing myself. If that is the case, I'm sure Joe had a nice afternoon.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    C'mon ya perverts! Let's have a nice group hug with SpecK!!!! I am dying laughing, I have tears streaming down my cheeks!!!

I wish George was on tonight. He is still the King of the One Liners!!!
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2007
    Special K will be back after a short break. The prison chow line is open!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2007
    dkg999 wrote: »

lol.........nice!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    dkg999 wrote: »

LOL! That one liner is going to be hard to beat!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited October 2007
    George may not like me, but I respect the hell out of that man. He's good people.

Spec. K............that's an entirely different story. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited October 2007
    George is a great guy and an excellent host. I hope I can get out to the
    Jerz again and see him.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    For an older guy, he's alright. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited October 2007
    He's old man, practically embalmed but I would still have his baby.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    ****, when Brandy and I pulled up at his house for the first time, I said 'Oh ****, why is Anthony standing there with the crypt keeper next to him?'

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited October 2007
    Although I've never met him personally, I understand that he ain't too bad, and am really interested in seeing his prize lhamas.

lhama.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    George is the genuine article as is the entire Grand Clan. His neighbor, Mr. Jackson is a HELL of a guy as well.

EDIT: I have been to the Githens center WITH George and his family. There is nobody on this planet with a more sincere desire to help those kids out than George. While you can dislike George for his knack for not suffering fools lightly, his integrity is beyond reproach. SpecK, I used to consider you equivalent to a chunk of **** that wouldn't flush, mildly annoying but otherwise harmless. You, sir, are a true piece of ****. You don't even have the balls to come out and accuse the man, you do it in the third person, ascribing the charge to a third party. A real coward.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • tentoze
    tentoze Posts: 133
    edited October 2007
    A gentleman among gentlemen, even in the red dress.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2007
    shack wrote: »
    I was wondering about that touching thing myself. If that is the case, I'm sure Joe had a nice afternoon.

I caught a glimpse of Joe touching Ted's MF SACD at polkfest :D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2007
    a finger print test revealed Joe's stubbies over many things, even unmentionalbles..........

It is a pleasure to be in a forum with George he is a Mentor of the first order.

RT1
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2007
    The Polk Forum members handed Githens close to $1,000 yesterday. $980 and some change to be precise...just in case somebody's counting nickels.

And you guys think I'M the real deal? You know who you are, and you know who you're not.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2007
    Doro, I'm finished making babies. I'm all up for us living together and adopting a wolverine though.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited October 2007
    The Polk Forum members handed Githens close to $1,000 yesterday. $980 and some change to be precise...just in case somebody's counting nickels.

And you guys think I'M the real deal? You know who you are, and you know who you're not.

Yeah, but how do we know you didn't stop for a pack of gum on the way ?

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2007
    WTG Polkies! I'm sure the Githens Ctr is very happy.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    He seems nice...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited October 2007
    My God, I've never heard someone so well respected in 1 forum. I want to buy something from him just to have an excuse to drive up to Jersey and meet the guy.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
    I lived 90 minutes away from the guy and never got to meet him. Mabye one day when im back visiting NJ