Week 7 in the NFL

MrNightly
MrNightly Posts: 3,370
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
KC played like crap, and still got the win on the road. 2-0 within the division, and both wins coming on the road. Sweet.

Priest is back, and will add a huge spark to this team. Shivers just seeing him on the field again, after all the "Experts" said he would never touch the ball again. Oh ya... LJ and PRIEST?! Bring it on!

Faider's suck, as usual. Go STEELERS... ugh.

Giants looked pretty impressive as well. :D Too bad they are in the NFC... haha.
Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
Stuff...

RTi12's - front
CSi5 - center
FXi3's - surrounds
RTi4's - surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
Denon 3805
Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

Post edited by MrNightly on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2007
    Tennessee vs texans looked like it was a good game. I didnt catch it on tv, but they set a new record for number of field goals in a game at 8!!!...and the titans needed everyone one of them as they won by 2 points in the last seconds of the game after a 29 point rally in the 4th quarter by the texans.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2007
    *Adds $10 to bank account* Thanks Raiders fan/co-worker! Go Chiefs! :D

Now to see if the Broncos can piss this game away...Nope. :( Stupid Broncos! Oh well, KC still in first baby!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    I almost felt bad for the Dolphins after the whoopin the Pats put on them. Yikes.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • brijenjas
    brijenjas Posts: 311
    edited October 2007
    The Patriots are looking almost unstoppable.

Da Bears offense finally showed some life with the most impressive drive they have had all season.

They went 97 yards in under two minutes to score a touchdown at the end of the game to beat the Iggles.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2007
    Broncos Win!
    I got nothin' else for ya.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited October 2007
    Has Brady been hit this year?? Sure doesn't seem like it.

Broncos still need to fix the underneath pass coverage, but that was a definite improvement against a top three offensive line.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2007
    Frank Z wrote: »
    Broncos Win!
    I got nothin' else for ya.

Raiders lose! Woot! Something we can agree on lol
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2007
    fireshoes wrote: »
    Raiders lose! Woot! Something we can agree on lol
    Unfortunetly the Chefs had to win to make it happen. It's a lose-lose sit-chee-ation fer me!:p
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited October 2007
    The Seahawks beat the "lowly" Rams (just like saying that:D ), but still don't look very good or consistent. Just not living up to their potential at all.
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited October 2007
    Patriots were absolutely DOMINATING
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited October 2007
    The Pats game looked like a scrimmage with the Fish. The ALCS game, however, was sweet.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Pats were awesome. Moss' two catches in the end zone with double coverage were beyond amazing. One of them was singled handed too.

The look on the dolphins defense faces was priceless.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    Didn't get to see the Cowboys game. Had to suffer through the Bears/Eagles suck fest. Turned it off halfway through the 1st quarter. Th birds never should have let Garcia go. They could have had McNabb sit the bench after his first 6 weeks of sucking and had a REAL QB take over and actually WIN a game. Whoda thunk that?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    Good to see the Seahawks come back after the last 2 pitiful games. Beating an 0-6 team is a good start :)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited October 2007
    Tampa handed Lions the game. nuf said. let me sulk. LOL

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2007
    Shehawks got the win, but still have a lot more to improve on. Alexander ran something like a running back, which was nice for a change. Didn't watch the whole game, but I don't think he fell over once without being touched.

Pats are ridiculously good. Did I see that right? Brady threw up two jump balls to Moss into double coverage and Moss came down with both of them?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »

Pats are ridiculously good. Did I see that right? Brady threw up two jump balls to Moss into double coverage and Moss came down with both of them?

Yes sir you saw that correctly, and the second one he came down with it one handed. :D
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    Yes sir you saw that correctly, and the second one he came down with it one handed. :D

More like one-elbowed. I've never seen a catch like that.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    More like one-elbowed. I've never seen a catch like that.

and the fact that he landed standing up and the Miami guys fell down just makes it that much sweeter.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    Didn't get to see the Cowboys game. Had to suffer through the Bears/Eagles suck fest. Turned it off halfway through the 1st quarter. Th birds never should have let Garcia go. They could have had McNabb sit the bench after his first 6 weeks of sucking and had a REAL QB take over and actually WIN a game. Whoda thunk that?

I'd take McNabb over the qbs the vikes have 100 times over...

T. Jackson is and always will be horrible..nice pick
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Shehawks got the win, but still have a lot more to improve on. Alexander ran something like a running back, which was nice for a change. Didn't watch the whole game, but I don't think he fell over once without being touched.

As a Vikes fan, I saw that every game...unfortuately if the team isn't winning, he is a major cancer...doesn't look like that will ever be a factor though with the Pats
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited October 2007
    Ronnie Brown is out for the season. Can we say kiss my league goodbye? My fantasy team has been killed off one at a time and I've got almost nobody left.

I thought I could recover from losing Cadillac Williams and Deuce McAllister because of a good trade early on to get Ronnie Brown and Rudi Johnson.

I sure know how to pick em.

Who's ready for some Colts vs. Pats football? Not too far away anymore.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    Refefer wrote: »
    Ronnie Brown is out for the season. Can we say kiss my league goodbye? My fantasy team has been killed off one at a time and I've got almost nobody left

Ditto. I still have LJ, but I doubt he'll produce the numbers Brown was. Stupid fantasy sports.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited October 2007
    Well, for all of those in the Pool, here are surefire bets:

WEEK PICK
    8 Oct 28 CLE @ STL Cleveland
    9 Bye
    10 Nov 11 STL @ NO New Orleans
    11 Nov 18 STL @ SF San Francisco
    12 Nov 25 SEA @ STL Seattle
    13 Dec 02 ATL @ STL Atlanta
    14 Dec 09 STL @ CIN Cincinnati
    15 Dec 16 GB @ STL Green Bay
    16 Dec 20 PIT @ STL Pittsburgh
    17 Dec 30 STL @ ARI * Arizona

*The safe pick will be Arizona.
    Be aware that the curse of Bidwill may prevent the St. Louis Rams from obtaining their perfect season.
    Sal Palooza
  • icehouse1
    icehouse1 Posts: 37
    edited October 2007
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2007
    Dammit! I thought for sure Jacksonville was the right pick.

I figured the Colts would win but figured it would only be by 2 or 3 which wouldnt cover the spread.

The Jags are like the Titans with a good, aggressive defense and they came within 2 points of winning. Unfortunately those Jags didnt show up last night.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D