Brazilian Grand Prix

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
I can't wait for this to start as it should be a good race and the question is will the Hamilton and Alonso rivallry end up in a crash like Senna vs Prost back in 89 and 90.I really want Kimi to win the championship but his chances are slim.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    It's going to be a good one.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Systems
    edited October 2007
    Who ya want to win the WC?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    Imagine that on a large screen and awesome surround sound. KILLER! ;)
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited October 2007
    It is going to be a good one. I personally like the post M$ era. I think Hamilton is going to lock it up today.

Next year I think BMW Sauber is going to be in the fight with Ferrari and McLaren. I look forward to no traction control. It will distinguish the men from the boys.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Systems
    edited October 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    Imagine that on a large screen and awesome surround sound. KILLER! ;)
    TSN HD and Panasonic plasma make a great combo for watching the races.:)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited October 2007
    It is going to be a good one. I personally like the post M$ era.
    Agreed , it is amasing how little the sport the misses him.
    next year I think BMW Sauber is going to be in the fight with Ferrari and McLaren.
    They have come a long way in a short time much to the dismay of Toyota and Honda.Sauber was a decent team but previous to BMW's take over they did'nt have the budget to be a competitive with the big 2.Now with BMW's technical skills and money they are looking good and take the place of Williams who are sliding to the back.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    GV#27 wrote: »
    TSN HD and Panasonic plasma make a great combo for watching the races.:)

Did you hear that Jesse? :D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Systems
    edited October 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    Did you hear that Jesse? :D
    What up,Jesse no HD?:p :p
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited October 2007
    Didn't I say Kimi would lock it up today:D

Good race and great result for Kimi.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Systems
    edited October 2007
    Didn't I say Kimi would lock it up today:D
    Yep I'm sure thats EXACTLY what you said.:rolleyes: :D

Good for Kimi, after having some bad luck the last few years it's nice to see it turn in his favour.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited October 2007
    awesome victory. perfect finish to this year. go ferrari go Kimi
  • F1nut
    edited October 2007
    I would have prefered Alsono to win it, but I would have been happy with Hamilton as both are driving for the greatest F1 team ever.

I will say that I'm happy for Kimi, he's a class act.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• auto_pilot
    auto_pilot Posts: 256
    edited October 2007
    Ferrair fan here...congrats to Kimi. Honestly I didn't think he had a snowball's chance...Credit Kimi, Felipe and Ferrari for staying in it.

I hope Hamilton gets better and better...He could benefit even more if Maclaren decides to concentrate on one driver.

Alonzo...sounds like he's definately soured on his role at Maclaren...I look for him to find a new ride...trouble is will the next team be competitive. I'm not sure Renault, Williams, or BMW have quite caught up to Mac and Fer.
    Cambridge Audio AZUR 640R
    KEF IQ2C Center, Fronts KEF IQ1 , Rears KEF Ci302Q
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Panasonic Plasma 1080i (50u)
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
    Belkin Pure Audio PF31 Line Conditioner
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited October 2007
    The BMW Sauber and Williams teams have escaped penalty after being investigated by Brazilian Grand Prix stewards over fuel irregularities on their cars at the end of Sunday’s Interlagos race.

Under Formula One racing’s technical regulations fuel temperatures are not allowed to fall more than 10 degrees Celsius below ambient air temperature at any time. According to FIA data, Williams and BMW Sauber exceeded this range during the race, but after deliberating for several hours stewards decided the evidence was insufficient to justify sanctions.

However, McLaren are expected to appeal the stewards' decision, which if overturned could have serious implications for the 2007 drivers' championship.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth respectively for BMW Sauber. If they were to be disqualified, Lewis Hamilton would move up to from seventh to fourth, giving him enough points to beat Kimi Raikkonen to the title.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/10/7023.html

I've been a Kimi fan since I started watching F1 in 2003 :D
    I would be torqued if Hamilton took it :mad:

Alonso is a wussy of the maximum degree... did you see that he was the one who told essentially Ron Dennis: Slow Hamilton down or I'm going to the FIA with these e-mails. :eek:
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited October 2007
    After all that McLaren drivers escaped this season, Hamilton winning it on appeal would be a joke.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2007
    If that was McLaren with lower fuel temps, they would have been DQ'd. More proof that the FIA is a joke.

President of Club Polk

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited October 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    If that was McLaren with lower fuel temps, they would have been DQ'd. More proof that the FIA is a joke.

Brazil, around 1995, Schumacher and Coulthard. Based on that judgment McLaren doesn't have hope to get this through.

They let Hamilton and Alonso keep their drivers points, that's a joke enough. Kimi deserved this one, not Hamilton or Alonso, and I'm glad that's what happened.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    Been the F1 fan for years ...wife NASCAR...Franchitti coming to NASCAR now....she hates Montoya :) This wasnt good... http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=195_1193030841
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Systems
    edited October 2007
    Great more political BS in F1.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • auto_pilot
    edited October 2007
    http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=6&id=3075358

^^If Hamilton wins on appeal...that would be totally bogus. I'll probably stop following F1 for sure...

They should have a two car race between Hamilton and Kimi...winner take all at a neutral track.
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited October 2007
    yeah ferrari won it fair and square and whats more they beat mclaren in the team points as well if mclaren had gotten to keep their points. so mclaren cant say that if not for the fia ban they would have won. they were caught napping and ron choose to back the wrong horse in that race. Alonso was the main cause why hamilton failed that race and McLaren support of Hamilton was the main cause of Alonsos failing to win. it was a 2 edged sword
  • auto_pilot
    edited October 2007
    thejck wrote: »
    yeah ferrari won it fair and square and whats more they beat mclaren in the team points as well if mclaren had gotten to keep their points. so mclaren cant say that if not for the fia ban they would have won. they were caught napping and ron choose to back the wrong horse in that race. Alonso was the main cause why hamilton failed that race and McLaren support of Hamilton was the main cause of Alonsos failing to win. it was a 2 edged sword

What's more hypocritical is that if Maclaren wins appeal due to cheating by other teams...How legitimate are Maclaren's driver points due to them stealing Ferrari's technology??? Ferrari could make that case...In which, the championship this years becomes really convoluted.

Kimi and Felipe did what they had too...if the infighting in Maclaren caused their downfall...they should live withit, and move on. They have greater issues concerning next year.
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)