Anyone Else Ever Have Problems At The Dell Computer Forum?

J R Ewing
J R Ewing Posts: 16
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Anyone else ever have problems at the Dell Computer forum?

I just got banned from there.

No big deal, I only went there for tips on how to overclock my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop.

I got a PM from somebody named "Uncle Mikey" never identifying himself as a moderator, telling me he did not like my Avatar. I asked the guy IF he were a moderator, and IF he wasn't then, he could "go suck an egg". Next thing I knew, I was banned, LOL. Turns out "Uncle Mikey" was actually Dell founder and CEO Michael Dell.

Like I said, the Dell forum is not a place I hang out often, and with exception of scrounging around for overclocking tips, I do not know much about it.

Anyone else ever had problems there ?

No big deal, but based on how I was treated, I am going to write a letter to the CEO of every company that uses Dell computers and ask them to stop using Dell products or I will boycott them.
My High End Audio Rig:
EMM Labs CDSD Transport
Meitner EMM Labs DAC6 SE DAC
Sony TA-F707ES Integrated Amp (90 WPC)
SDA 1C Loudspeakers
Radio Shack 3 ft Gold Series RCA Interconnects
Radio Shack 18 Gauge Speaker Cable
Post edited by J R Ewing on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    Great first post. Bitching about another fourm that you got banned from. With that attitude chances are you might not last long here either. Are you taking this complaint to any other forums or are we the only ones? BTW I am typing this from a Dell computer. I've got three others. I think I'll keep them.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited October 2007
    J R Ewing wrote: »
    Anyone else ever have problems at the Dell Computer forum?

I just got banned from there.

No big deal, I only went there for tips on how to overclock my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop.

I got a PM from somebody named "Uncle Mikey" never identifying himself as a moderator, telling me he did not like my Avatar. I asked the guy IF he were a moderator, and IF he wasn't then, he could "go suck an egg". Next thing I knew, I was banned, LOL. Turns out "Uncle Mikey" was actually Dell founder and CEO Michael Dell.

Like I said, the Dell forum is not a place I hang out often, and with exception of scrounging around for overclocking tips, I do not know much about it.

No big deal, but based on how I was treated, I am going to write a letter to the CEO of every company that uses Dell computers and ask them to stop using Dell products or I will boycott them.
    Hmmm.... You dont know much about the forum because you only go there for tips, not to help others also. And its no big deal that you got banned, but you are going to take the time to spread the word that dell sucks and if everyone you can contact doesnt agree with you, your going to boycott there company and services?

It sounds like to me you got what you deserved. It should be interesting to see how much you contribute to this forum other than complaints about others.

I love your signature also. MY HIGH END AUDIO RIG. Isnt that a little pretenious? Its sounding more and more like a spoiled rich 15 year old got spanked and is throwing a tantrum to me.

BTW. I also am typing this from a dell computer.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    he he he he.........

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    I talked to Uncle Mikey personally one time when dell had their 9100/XPS first generation laptops catching fire...I emailed him ....got 2 replies from his minions ...no satisfaction and I let them know it in no uncertain terms I was sending back the laptop for replacement ....next thing I know I get a call from him saying he is shipping me a new generation ( At the time it was the XPS M170 ) replacement. So dont be disrespecting Uncle Mikey, he did right with the flaming dell :) for me.

I have never had a single problem with the dell forums........
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited October 2007
    First post to complain about another forum? Surely a sign of Mental Illness, likely, Bi Polar Disorder - having a pathological need for attention and acceptance from strangers or from those peripheral or inconsequential to your life.

Besides, Polk frowns upon overclocking your lsi's.

regard

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    ////////\\\\\\\\\\
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007
    Geez guys, where's the love? Aren't you impressed with my High End rig? BTW, I am ditching my Dell laptop. I just got off the phone with Ted Waitt, Gateway Computer founder and former CEO. He is going to send me one of their leading edge high performance laptop prototypes to evaluate. I get to keep the prototype in exchange for my time and effort.
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007
    First post to complain about another forum? Surely a sign of Mental Illness, likely, Bi Polar Disorder - having a pathological need for attention and acceptance from strangers or from those peripheral or inconsequential to your life.

Sticks and stones, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Thread needs pics now or its bullsh1t

thread-is-stupid.jpg
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    Ok J R Ewing; you can leave now and come back with your real name.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Geez guys, where's the love? Aren't you impressed with my High End rig? BTW, I am ditching my Dell laptop. I just got off the phone with Ted Waitt, Gateway Computer founder and former CEO. He is going to send me one of their leading edge high performance laptop prototypes to evaluate. I get to keep the prototype in exchange for my time and effort.

I'm willing to bet Ted Waitt isn't working on a saturday afternoon, nor would he be answering the phone for you.

It is impressive you can go to a company website and get the name of the man in charge.
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007

Well, I was out on the golf course with Matt Polk day before yesterday and he thought overclocking lsi's was a great idea, but that it should only be attempted by those well experienced in audio, such as myself. He also thought my proposal for a new hybrid lsi-sda speaker series was a good idea.
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited October 2007
    ........tick........tick........tick........tick........tick........tick........tick........tick
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007
    Thread needs pics now or its bullsh1t

Here's a pic. My dedicated audio room is about the same size as this one. I am thinking of redoing my room so that it looks similar to this, but with more expensive hardwood flooring and acoustic treatments. What do you guys think?
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007
    This is the avatar that got me banned. The caption under it read "Dell Customer Service Mascot".

People are too sensitive these days. Anyway, if Michael Dell had properly identified himself and politely asked me to remove the avatar, I would have done so, rather than telling him to go suck an egg.

It's no big deal, but I notice the Polk forum does not allow avatars. Anybody know why?
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited October 2007
    Me thinks another incarnation of Special K and ABX. Enjoy the ride J R. My guess is he's trying to get banned so he can complain to Polk yet again. I could be off on this one, but then again.................

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007
    ////////\\\\\\\\\\

Is that a special forum code?:)
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited October 2007

You sound like a really bad CNET reviewer. One can only hope that when you're banned, you won't create an pseudonym to rally support for your re-instatement. That would be pathetic.

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Is that a special forum code?:)

inside joke
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007
    ........tick........tick........tick........tick........tick........tick........tick........tick

???? Another forum secret code? Yipee, two more posts and I can send PM's.
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007
    One can only hope that when you're banned, you won't create an pseudonym to rally support for your re-instatement. That would be pathetic.

People get banned and then come back under another name? Really? That is pathetic. I would never do such a thing.

Besides, why do you think I would get banned? I haven't done anything wrong. Am I not being nice enough? Don't you like my High End rig?
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007
    Hey guys, any chance of getting the 25 post rule for selling waived? I have a few mint condition items in my closet that I'd like to unload (at a club discount of course).
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Ok J R Ewing; you can leave now and come back with your real name.

Hey, why are you victimizing me? How many people use their real name on an internet forum?
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    im gonna give that bozo filter a try that russ was talking about
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Me thinks another incarnation of Special K and ABX. Enjoy the ride J R. My guess is he's trying to get banned so he can complain to Polk yet again. I could be off on this one, but then again.................

H9

I want to have a long and productive association with this forum. Besides, it is hard to sell stuff when you are banned.;)
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • J R Ewing
    edited October 2007
    im gonna give that bozo filter a try that russ was talking about

Why? What have I done wrong?
    My High End Audio Rig:
    EMM Labs CDSD Transport
    SDA 1C Loudspeakers
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited October 2007
    How many people use their real name on an internet forum?

That's funny :D . If you only knew.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Why? What have I done wrong?

Nothing, I just don't like your posts so I decided I was going to ignore them. You haven't done anything wrong, I'm just making the preparations.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited October 2007

regard

Dave
    Im thinking the delusions of granduer coupled with the pathlogical lying and the feelings of persecution shown here is most likely a dual diagnosis here

paranoid schizophrenia as an axis one diagnosis. And a severe personality disorder as an axis 2 diagnosis.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited October 2007
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Nice!, What's all those little things on the floor around the walls?

Don't tell me, I know, Machina Dynamica Cleaver Little Clocks?

If this was a serious question then they look to be Cable Elevators.