Work memo for today, part 2

Danny Tse
Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just came over the e-mail regarding the ongoing mice problem at the office....
We are working with the building to alleviate this problem as much as possible. Please call the Bldg. Mgr.'s office (edited - name removed to protect the innocent) when you have a sighting and give them the specific date and time and location of the sighting. This will help us document the patterns and frequency in our division with the building.

For your information....four mices have been spotted on my floor with one captured.

Anyone's office have a mice problem?
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    Wow, that's funny.
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited October 2007
    Good grief... let's document and analyze mouse behavior.

(I'm hungry, let's go to the fridge and steal food and get them to blame each other.)
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2007
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited October 2007
    No mice but i work in the same building as OutBack Corp and there are tons of crickets! :D:D
    Life without music would
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited October 2007
    Sounds like a job for the office kitty.
  • dawningphoenix
    dawningphoenix Posts: 39
    edited October 2007
    Patterns and frequency? Are they doing scientific research on the mice?
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited October 2007
    Mice, rattle snakes, bats, tarantulas....my warehouse is like a zoo.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited October 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    glue trap time
    I use the standard snap trap with peanut butter. We had a mouse in house last year and we could hear the scritching and scratching late at night. I put out the traps and the wife and I sat down to watch some TV; we heard some scratching... then SNAP, all done. :D Worky good!
  • Danny Tse
    edited October 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    glue trap time

That was deployed a couple of years back. One of my female coworkers came in at 7am and found a mice stuck to the glue trap near her cubicle. Still struggling to get free. She proceeded to call the "building services" people, hoping they will come and pick it up. Let's just say that the "building services" people don't start work until 8am.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    Unfortunately we have a mouse trap at my place of employment also. Don't use glue traps, get something that'll put them out of their misery quickly. It's no fun to have to sit there and listen to them suffer.

My brother's work area has some small holes in the ceiling. It's great having mice fall down on your desk as you're on the computer or eating. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2007
    I would reply how you'd swear that you saw mice stealing food from the fridge...:rolleyes: 1st case solved, so now how do we set up a sting operation to deal with the culprits?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2007
    Danny Tse wrote: »
    he proceeded to call the "building services" people, hoping they will come and pick it up. Let's just say that the "building services" people don't start work until 8am.

Is "building services" people code name for janitor? At my store, we have "housekeepers" but when I worked in St. Louis (same company) they called them "environmental services." I guess because more guys had the job there. lol
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2007
    Yes, they're in our office too. They put the traps right under the vending machines. ROFLMAO! That's the best weight loss gimmick I've ever seen.
  • Danny Tse
    edited October 2007
    fireshoes wrote: »
    Is "building services" people code name for janitor?

Oh no, my employer being the government and we have separate job classifications for each and every employee. The janitors are the "custodians", whereas the "building services" people handle the light bulbs and carry screwdrivers.

Then there are the engineers who does financial advising as a side job while at the office :mad: