Today's memo from work

Danny Tse
Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Via e-mail from one of the supervisors here....
Very sadly, I'm hearing a few recent reports of food/beverage thefts from the refrigerator over in the storage room (3202). So that I can get a better perspective on how pervasive this problem may be, can you please send me a note if you had anything stolen for the refrigerator since the beginning of this fiscal year. In your note, please summarize the following:

when did the theft occur (approx date/time period)?
what was taken?
was this a first incident?
any other pertinent info?

If there are multiple reports received, I plan to follow-up by meeting and sharing these notes with our Security folks for any recommendations. In the mean time, I'll remind all of the obvious......please do not take any food or beverages that do not belong to you!
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited October 2007
    we get dumb emails once in a while.."some one took my pepsi"..."who ate my lunch..."

This is why I keep my lunch in my lunch box at my desk with an ice pack.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2007
    Corporate America, got to love it.

Luckily, there seems to be too much food around my office. Good for those that frequently bring nothing to eat for lunch (like me). . . bad for the ladies here that seem to put on 15-20 pounds in the first couple months at our firm.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited October 2007
    My memo back:

3 1.75" Ribeyes were stolen....
    1 case of Budlite
    2 gallons of icecream...1 vanilla and 1 chocolate.
    Was stolen 10-13-07
    First time happened..

Second time,,,Just Now
    6lbs of Fellet Stuffed Red Snapper
    2 cases of BudLite
    3 gallons of 2% milk

Other info: Please see that the replacement of food is securely wrapped and labled for my pickup.

Thanks..
    Your forever devoted employee.
    Jake
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    My coworker was eating tuna out of a tupperwear container. He couldn't finish it, so he sealed it up and placed the container in the fridge with the fork he was using. We come back the next night, the container is empty except for the fork, gross!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Ohhhh the fun I'd have with an email like that.
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited October 2007
    Back in the day we had an a$$ hole who used to do that all the time. One of my colleagues made a real nice looking hoagie (sub sandwich) with lettuce and tomato, etc but instead of tuna fish she used cat food! Let's just say that this person stopped taking other peoples food immediately! :D

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • Danny Tse
    edited October 2007
    I must clarify that I work for the gov't, so you can have some kind of mental image who is taking the food.
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited October 2007
    Too funny! When the incident happened I mentioned, I was working for Lockheed Martin in a Gov't contract! :p

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    I'm a civil servant, so we probably deal with similar kinds of people.

We've sabotaged food before, but it hasn't helped.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited October 2007
    Just mix up a couple bars of EXLAX in some brownies then sit back and wait, the perp won't be hard to find.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • Danny Tse
    edited October 2007
    Just in case you guys/gals think that there're more important things to be done at a government office....yes, there is....that's to catch the mice that has been spotted roaming the cubicles.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited October 2007
    read-alot wrote: »
    Just mix up a couple bars of EXLAX in some brownies then sit back and wait, the perp won't be hard to find.

The scary thing is you'll probably be arrested for battery.............and they'll get nothing done to them
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited October 2007
    Note t whomever ate my lunch yesterday;

It was a decoy.....I hope you like my cats dinner,,,

PS...I spit in every lunch I put in this fridge......we won`t talk about the beverages !

Bon Appetite !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • read-alot
    edited October 2007
    daboyz wrote: »
    The scary thing is you'll probably be arrested for battery.............and they'll get nothing done to them

Maybe in Rockford but down here the cops would laugh at them and tell them it could have been dog food and their **** would be out chasing cars and licking their peckers.
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    Hah!! Whazz that suppozzza mean? You work at lockheed and you fretting over a 2 buck lunch??
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    So if i invited someone over my house and fed them chili made with cat food and they found out, they could come after me for battery?

What happens if you really did enjoy eating cat food, they stole your lunch and ate it then came after you?

:confused:
  • zx_toth
    zx_toth Posts: 417
    edited October 2007
    Face wrote: »
    My coworker was eating tuna out of a tupperwear container. He couldn't finish it, so he sealed it up and placed the container in the fridge with the fork he was using. We come back the next night, the container is empty except for the fork, gross!

Man, thats desperate ... perhaps someone who was fired lost his house as a result and is living in the building living off other peoples food until he gets hired else where .... just a stupid thought.:rolleyes:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited October 2007
    Phenylthalene.

Problem solved.

:rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    Same problem at my previous job....nobody was complaining about the food so much...but the perp was throwing away the peoples tupperware...THAT they were mad at. Nobody was really looking for the person , but one summer night there was about 6 or 7 of us outside the cafeteria at night...could see in...nobody could see out.

We watch one of the set-up techs walking into the cafeteria ...open the big fridge...looking into peoples cold bags ( Dont know the real term...just the insulated carriers that the food/tupperware is in ) Saw one he liked...took out a large tupperware...walked over to the sink/coffee area right next to the fridge...grabbed the large tupperware and dumped it on one of the provided paper plates by the sink and tossed the tupperware into the garbage....thats how we knew it wasnt his food ( And how nobody knew it was there food he was eating if they happened to walk by him )

Luckily outside with us was the supervisor for the production operators....guy ate ...left...supervisor found out it was one of his operator lunches that was snagged...guy gone the next day.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2007
    read-alot wrote: »

someone I know did just that...
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • read-alot
    edited October 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    someone I know did just that...

I was speaking from experence.

Freeloaders would come by our transporter in the Cup garage and eat our food so we sent them to stand inline at the porta john.

We tried dog food but with the race cars and all we were afraid they would get run over trying to chase them.
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo

B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited October 2007
    Seems to happen everywhere, unfortunately thats the nature of our world. Same crap happens in our office, yogurt goes missing, sandwhiches grow legs, someones wallet went missing from his desk, etc. Would be nice to think you can trust your co workers, but apparently not! I lock up my stuff whenever I leave my desk. It's pretty pathetic.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics