Kl*psch Forum

zingo
zingo Posts: 11,258
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
I stumbled upon a post at another audio forum because I was searching SRTs. One of their members was complaining because he had asked the question, "SRT vs. KHorn" over here and had been ripped a new one. The comments followed that Polk members have no respect for classic technology, one track minds, etc. He even went as far as to praise their members because some one had posted a picture of an HT that didn't even use their product and THEY were able to appreciate that.

Now, we are definitly not that pig-headed. And there are MANY members who appreciate speakers other than Polk. (He must not have read very close because there have been rips here for not seeing outside of Polk) However, this forum was created so that people with a like/love of Polk speakers could share that and talk about it. We are here for a reason, Polk, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

To make this an analogy, it's like saying that he was turned down when he tried to enter his Camaro into a Mustang show. It may be a nice car, and I'm sure most everyone there feels the same way, but that's not why they're there. And to think otherwise would be just selfish.
Post edited by zingo on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    I posted for awhile on the Klipsch forum and I'd probably say something similar. The majority of them were just as vehement about horns as we are about Polk.

You know, whatever. I've found that how people are treated here has MUCH more to do with thier attitude that what they like for gear.

EDIT: BTW, here is the thread:
    http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/331652.aspx

Yeah, it's only THREE years old :rolleyes:

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited October 2007
    Man, you are on top of it! Thanks!
  • hypertone
    hypertone Posts: 150
    edited October 2007
    What is the deal with those horns? I've never heard any Klipsch speakers, but I've heard other speakers with horn tweeters and the treble was awful. I've always been under the impression that horns are loud and bright, but not pleasing to the ear.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    They can be very pleasing, when implemented properly (just like pretty much anything else in audio).
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2007
    I like them, personally.

:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited October 2007
    I had a Klipshc 2.1 system for my PC that sounded amazing for little satellites.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    I have heard some pretty nice Klipsch speakers before, I also think some of them are very nice looking ( Their choices in wood and finish have looked great in person )
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • ABX
    ABX Posts: 109
    edited October 2007
    I have heard some pretty nice Klipsch speakers before, I also think some of them are very nice looking ( Their choices in wood and finish have looked great in person )
    Horns can be nice, as can Magnepans and Electros.
    On a BBW forum, Brittney Spears is just another skinny girl to them.