Hey Metro Atlanta Polkies...

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
FYI --

I just received a post card from Audio Alternative in Lilburn, GA announcing a gathering to meet Richard Vandersteen, who will be in the store to demonstrate and talk about the Vandersteen line. It's Oct. 30th at 7pm.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,712
    edited October 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    FYI --

I just received a post card from Audio Alternative in Lilburn, GA announcing a gathering to meet Richard Vandersteen, who will be in the store to demonstrate and talk about the Vandersteen line. It's Oct. 30th at 7pm.

Geeze, why are these things always on the wrong side of town for me?
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2007
    billbillw wrote: »
    Geeze, why are these things always on the wrong side of town for me?

****, I drove from Lithia Springs to a HiFi-Buys in Lawrenceville to see Matt Polk demo the SRT system. Powder Springs...pfft! ;)

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,712
    edited October 2007
    I-SIG wrote: »
    ****, I drove from Lithia Springs to a HiFi-Buys in Lawrenceville to see Matt Polk demo the SRT system. Powder Springs...pfft! ;)

Wes

Yeah, but that was probably more than 10 years ago, when Atlanta had less than 3 million residents. Traffic wasn't quite as much of a **** then.

By the way, Lithia Springs is closer to the downtown than I am. I'm another 10 minutes up the road.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2007
    billbillw wrote: »
    Yeah, but that was probably more than 10 years ago, when Atlanta had less than 3 million residents. Traffic wasn't quite as much of a **** then.

By the way, Lithia Springs is closer to the downtown than I am. I'm another 10 minutes up the road.

Yeah, I know. I always thought it was funny that people from Lawrenceville and the like thought Lithia and Douglasville was soooo far from Downtown. hehe

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2007
    I'll be in Atlanta at that time. Count me in.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited October 2007
    I'll be in Atlanta at that time. Count me in.

Cool. Not sure if I'm gonna make it.

If you're gonna go, they ask that you RSVP at 770-931-0606. The address is 895 Indian Trail Road, Lilburn, GA 30047.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2007
    Thanks for the head's up EB. I'm kind of in audio purgatory in the 'ville.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore