One Call shipping prices

heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,163
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Anyone know how to get a better price on shipping from One Call? I was going to order 24 ft. of Audioquest raw speaker wire and terminate myself and they want likw $12 to ship it. Seems a little ridiculous to me to spend about $20 on bulk wire to have it cost $12 to ship.

Just wondering if anyone had some tips on how to lower the shipping cost. In this case it might be a deal breaker.

H9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by heiney9 on

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,712
    edited October 2007
    Speaker wire can pretty heavy stuff when it comes down to it. Shipping from the west coast to IL, $12 seems pretty reasonable if you ask me. Unless they have a special sale (they sometimes offer free shipping), then you are not going to get any lower from them. Guess you need to decide if that's the wire you really want to try and if the overall price is fair for it.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    Amazon.com has audioquest speaker wire and ships for free....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2007
    H9 - Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates has most of the AudioQuest speaker cable in bulk. Which one do you want, and how much is OneCall's price? If Simply Stereo is close in price, I can pick it up for you and drop it off when I am in Rockford tomorrow night.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • heiney9
    edited October 2007
    dkg999 wrote: »
    H9 - Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates has most of the AudioQuest speaker cable in bulk. Which one do you want, and how much is OneCall's price? If Simply Stereo is close in price, I can pick it up for you and drop it off when I am in Rockford tomorrow night.

14 guage quad in-wall. Similar to Type 4, but hella cheaper. They have it for 0.80c a foot. Killer deal for my cheap **** :D to mess around with. I do appreciate the offer but I'm sure they won't have it anywhere close to that price.

I'll probably just pay the $12 shipping, it just irks me how much shipping has gone up all over the. Still $32 for 24 feet of AQ 12G Quad is a great deal, I hate paying for shipping because most times it a rip off, but in this case probably more of a wash. A big outfit like One Call should have very low shipping prices. I ordered more weight from PE and it was less to ship, I guess because it's closer same w/ Accessories4less.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    edited October 2007
    Come to think of it when they quoted me shipping they never even asked for my ZIP code. For every foot I added it went up and all those types of products say $4.60 priority shipping.

Weird they never wanted to know where they were shipping leads me to believe they would charge the same to ship next door to them.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2007
    I'm sure if you order a new plasma TV that has free shipping they will throw the speaker wire in with it ;) Let me know if you want me to check on if Simply Stereo has it and for what price.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC