Blue Book, which do you prefer?

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
So I find myself buying and selling quite a bit of stuff as of late, both on the forum and locally and decided I would use some of the money sitting in my paypal account for a blue book subscription so I can stop bothering Russ, Doro, and others.

Which would you guys go with and why? Audiogon? Orion Blue Book? others?

I basically just want to get rough estimates, etc?

I know audiogon is only $49.95 and Orion Blue Book is $150 for the year, so it may be something to take into consideration.....

Thanks.
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    I subscribe to both.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    I subscribe to both.

If I was as rich as you I would as well....but at the moment it's one or the other eventually adding number 2.......so which would you take first?
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    Neither if money is a huge issue. Use ebay completed auctions, and keep your eye out on eBay for someone selling their 'old' Orion hardcopy.

I still use my 1999 Audio for reference - another plus is they delete entries as much as they add, so older books really come in handy.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • icehouse1
    icehouse1 Posts: 37
    edited October 2007
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Problem temporarily solved. Got the 2002 Orion Audio Blue Book off fleabay.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,712
    edited October 2007
    Just keep in mind that Orion is really designed for Pawnshop and other used audio store operators to value an item. Not really accurate reflection of the modern used market, such as Ebay, Audiogon, or Craigslist. Some of the items are WAY off. I remember looking at the Orion values for used SME tonearms and they were a fraction of the actual going rates on Audiogon or Ebay.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    billbillw wrote: »
    Just keep in mind that Orion is really designed for Pawnshop and other used audio store operators to value an item. Not really accurate reflection of the modern used market, such as Ebay, Audiogon, or Craigslist. Some of the items are WAY off. I remember looking at the Orion values for used SME tonearms and they were a fraction of the actual going rates on Audiogon or Ebay.

Be good to use for what I offer people for their gear on craigslist, yard sales, etc.

I'm happy it's on the underrated side. :D

Buying leverage!