catttttttttttthyyyyyyyyyyy

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
whats up.......hows the big city.....figured id post **** a bit and start a random thread about the wonderful city of boston......especially since ive been commuting in 5-6 days a week instead of the 2 like im supposed to!!!!
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited October 2007
    Hey Bagged how do you like that Outlaw you got ? Im needing a decent amp too push a 15" or a 18" that wont break the bank
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    works great, give them a try.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2007
    :D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!:D Commuting is a *itch huh! Why you commuting so much?

Boston is just fine. I love being able to walk to where I want to go, including work. Or just to hop on the T.

Although it is also good to have a car as well. (which I don't) I would love to be able to go out to Goodwin's High End Audio in Waltham to check out the Dynaudio's Audience 72 or the Focus 220 speakers!

Chin up Mark, you will be all edjumacated soon & then hopefully things will settle down to you just working an 8 hr job & then home to relax.:)
    whats up.......hows the big city.....figured id post **** a bit and start a random thread about the wonderful city of boston......especially since ive been commuting in 5-6 days a week instead of the 2 like im supposed to!!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    4 group projects in 4 different classes and none of them want to meet on the same day or near the same time so its constantly in and out for me.

Sounds like we need to plan a road trip to Waltham :D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    Where, north of Boston, are you at??

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Where, north of Boston, are you at??

BDT

North Reading, takes me about 25ish minutes to get to the city, 17 minutes if i get on the gas and no traffic.

I'll be outta the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts soon enough!

Cathy we should go next weekend to that place in Waltham! I always like hearing things I can't afford.
  • cfrizz
    edited October 2007
    Oh man! Next weekend I'll be out all day Saturday & they are closed on Sundays.

I don't have any plans yet for other weekends, so if you are free let me know.

Here is the link to Goodwin's.

http://www.goodwinshighend.com/
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • TroyD
    edited October 2007
    I know North Reading....one of my college roomies was from North Reading....there are worse places in the world.

BDT
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    I know North Reading....one of my college roomies was from North Reading....there are worse places in the world.

BDT

How could you know this little town?

Its not bad, its just quiet, too quiet.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    C-

I forgot I have to go help a friend with his EMT test on this saturday, maybe the weekend after though, the 20th?
  • TroyD
    edited October 2007
    Pfffft........I knew guys from all over that area...Wakefield, Woburn, Chelmsford. I used to work a restaurant just up I93 in Salem, NH.

BDT
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Just going over their site I want to make it a point to hear the Magico v3's :D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Pfffft........I knew guys from all over that area...Wakefield, Woburn, Chelmsford. I used to work a restaurant just up I93 in Salem, NH.

BDT

Ahhh you should come back and visit.....it's so quiet lately you can hear the trees talking.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited October 2007
    Ahhh you should come back and visit.....it's so quiet lately you can hear the trees talking.
    What are they saying to you? :D

BTW Cathy if you read this how is your new pre?

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • snow
    edited October 2007
    What are they saying to you? :D lol

I am so envious that you guys have a decent audio store to go audition gear at. :)

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    snow wrote: »
    What are they saying to you? :D

REGARDS SNOW

Last time I went outside the dying birch tree near my house said "Get the F outta this state, you aren't welcome anymore" but normally it's just nasty comments telling me I'm ugly and I need to go to the gym more.....wait till I get the chainsaw out next year.....I'll report back then.
  • snow
    edited October 2007
    Last time I went outside the dying birch tree near my house said "Get the F outta this state, you aren't welcome anymore" but normally it's just nasty comments telling me I'm ugly and I need to go to the gym more.....wait till I get the chainsaw out next year.....I'll report back then.
    Lol not very friendly are they? The old chainsaw trick usally gets em to be quite though.:p

Have fun at the audio store. :) I wish they had a decent place within driving range here.

REGARDS SNOW
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Lol not very friendly are they? The old chainsaw trick usally gets em to be quite though.:p

Have fun at the audio store. :) I wish they had a decent place within driving range here.

REGARDS SNOW

Yea, the audio store should be cool. Never been to a high end place like that, only big box store and the good ol' internet. So i figure since I have a car might as well make a road trip!

Can never plan early enough for when I'm rich and famous though to figure out what I want in my dream home. :p
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007

Go live in the city for a couple of days. You'll be begging for that quiet back within seconds.

I lived in Reading for a couple of years. I love that area, but waaay too expensive right now.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Go live in the city for a couple of days. You'll be begging for that quiet back within seconds.

I lived in Reading for a couple of years. I love that area, but waaay too expensive right now.

I agree, my next door neighbor put his house on the market for $789,999 and it hasn't been renovated in 10-15 years. Still a 25+ year old kitchen. 2 car garage, pool, double driveway, nothing too special that can't be had for half that elsewhere in the country.

Edit: Already tried the apartment living in the city with a roommate and that failed miserably. Couldn't have been worse. I suck at sharing and I fail at tolerating random people in my living space on a daily basis. I think I'd survive in an apartment/condo/townhouse if it was just me, my car, and my audio.
  • cfrizz
    edited October 2007
    Don't know yet Snow it arrives tomorrow!:cool: :cool: :cool:

We have 2 stores that I know of. Spirit Sound on Comm Ave in Boston (which used to be Goodwin Audio) And Goodwin High End in Waltham.

But really all the focus for speakers at Spirit is B&W. YUCK!

Mark, the 20th should be ok for the road trip.

What are they saying to you? :D lol

I am so envious that you guys have a decent audio store to go audition gear at. :)

REGARDS SNOW
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »

Mark, the 20th should be ok for the road trip.

It's a date! kidding, it's a road trip. Means I gotta clean out the 238942390 water bottles on the passenger floor of my car from the gym. :D

Kinda excited, that place looks like it has some really cool stuff.
  • cfrizz
    edited October 2007
    LOL! I'm pretty psyched myself. I have to remember to burn a speaker testing CD of music that I know real well. You should do the same.

Also, perhaps when we get closer to the 20th, you can give them a call & tell them we will be coming in to listen to the Dynaudio Audience 72 & the the Focus 220's. & whatever speakers have floated your boat that you want to hear.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Anything expensive floats my boat. :D

You might want to be the one that gives them a call though, the voice of a 22 year old they might be like screw this kid we're not getting anything ready.