Filing anonymous complaints at the post office?

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Has anyone done this? We have had the same mailman for probably 10 years now, a nice older gentleman however lately he has gotten lazy beyond anything anyone could imagine.

My mailbox is about 20-30 feet from my door and when I had a package delivered he would always leave them at the door behind the little wall at the entryway. Over the last year or so he now leaves packages:

1. On top of the mailbox if he can get it to balance OK
2. Hanging from a plastic bag that he makes a hole in and hangs from our mailbox flag.
3. Or if it's too big for those he leaves them on the ground next to the mailbox near the curb.

For inexpensive stuff it doesn't bother me. But when you order from amazon or other retailers, they send boxes with AMAZON written in huge letters, so people know its brand new media, etc.....and the risk of it being stolen greatly increases.

I dunno what others think, but I find this practice is just unacceptable as UPS and other carriers do not leave packages at the end of my driveway or near the street, this guy could ATLEAST just fill out one of those slips that says come pick up your package at the post office.

Anyone else ever deal with this?
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited October 2007
    I also find that completely unacceptable and would not hesitate to bring it to their attention. I receive a lot of packages myself and have a letter on file with our main post office that the packages are to be left at my front door.

Cindy
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Alright thanks, my dad says im insane for thinking to file a compaint about it and not to start **** with the mailman, he may go postal on me.
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited October 2007
    I would think if you handle it in the right way when you do speak with them, it will be fine. I've found that seems to always get better results than if you go in angry right off the bat. Just my opinion.

Cindy
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    cindy100 wrote: »
    I would think if you handle it in the right way when you do speak with them, it will be fine. I've found that seems to always get better results than if you go in angry with a bat. Just my opinion.

Cindy
    Fixed. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited October 2007
    Why do an anonymous complaint??

Confront the postman first, and let him know. If he doesn't correct the issue, bring it higher.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »

Confront the postman first, and let him know. If he doesn't correct the issue, bring it higher.

Confront a postal worker? Damn you crazy......
  • MikeC78
    edited October 2007

Don't be a wiener. If he finds out you made an anonymous complaint, that could cause more issues. He is a human being, it's not like he's going to go postal on your ****.:rolleyes:
  • MikeC78
    edited October 2007

You could also leave him a note, since you don't want to confront the postman.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited October 2007
    Don't be a wiener. If he finds out you made an anonymous complaint, that could cause more issues. He is a human being, it's not like he's going to go postal on your ****.:rolleyes:
    Dont be to sure.:D LMAOOOO

I also have some issues with plain rude behavior at my local post office that if it continues I will have to address. Twice now a package has been stored in my local post office for 3 + weeks and both times I was blamed for not picking it up.

Well in order for me to do this I need to be notified that there is a package to pick up. They leave a yellow notice in my po box when there is a package to large to fit in the box, you then take this slip to the package window and retrieve it.

Both times I was told I was at fault for not picking these up. well thats because no one has put a slip in my box!!! I go there virtually every day especially if i know there is one on the way. I dont want to wait any longer than I have too to get my new music, or new audio toy:confused:

In addition when I went in to refile an insurance claim that the postal service had lost, the clerk acted like I was some sort of thief for filing a claim. And that it wasnt possible for them to be at fault in any way, damaging it or losing the first claim.

I was asked where is the orginal insurance receipt. I replied by stating that I had gave it to them 9 months ago and I have no idea where its at now. the only thing I have is a copy of the original that I kept. Next where was the package? I replied by saying that it is probablly wherever the receipt is, I gave them both to you 9 months ago.

Of course now im a jerk because I am making you refile a claim and that I want my money for an item that the postal service has managed to both beat half to death, then lose.:rolleyes:

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007

+1. I agree. You know going postal is just a phrase right? I mean, yeah a few of them went nuts in a short span that generated some bad press, but they're just people. Be nice to the guy, ask him to please leave packages at your door if possible; hell, throw him a tip.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2007
    snow wrote: »
    Well in order for me to do this I need to be notified that there is a package to pick up. They leave a yellow notice in my po box when there is a package to large to fit in the box, you then take this slip to the package window and retrieve it.

Same thing here. I ordered something online and it was sent USPS. I called him yesterday b/c it had been a while, he replied he looked it up online and said they left a notice for me to pick it up. Funny, I never got a notice...

But +1 on the confronting him first. Anonymous complaints are a ***** move in your situation.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • snow
    edited October 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    they're just people.
    No there evil aliens fixing to take over the world. :p

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2007
    been watching too much MIB eh?
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • snow
    edited October 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    been watching too much MIB eh?
    :D lol
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    alright im gonna ask him nicely and maybe toss him a tip....

I'm just waitin for the day a $200-$300 package gets left on the ground leaning against the curb and I go postal.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited October 2007
    If you buy something that's $2-300 and you ship it through the mail, you deserve to get it stolen...............that's an idiot move IMO........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2007
    When I first started subscribing to Stereo Review, the earth was still cooling and I had a postal delivery person named Harry. A longhair. Not a bad guy, but not overly personable. After awhile, I started noticing that my issues were starting to look a little ragged by the time they got to me. Somebody was reading them. Then the **** hit the fan. I received an issue where the first ad for Bose in that issue was TORN OUT, and it apparently involved some sort of Bose giveaway (tough to believe, I know). I was slightly heated, but didn't get too fired up cause I had no intention of receiving said giveaway, and the other side of the page was an ad for something dumb, not text. A few pages down the road, I noticed a "leafy, green, powdery type residue" all over said page. Couldn't get down to the post office fast enough. Mr. Postmaster, WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON HERE? We BOTH know what this **** is all over my magazine. I could've tossed this magazine, UNREAD, on my coffee table. My supervisor, a regular visitor to my home, COULD'VE picked up this magazine and leafed through it (clever words huh?) before I did, and if so, I'd be looking for a new job. What are you going to do about this?"

I never saw Harry again.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    the short version:

Hary read my stuff. Harry got leafy powdery residue on my stuff. Harry got fired.
  • snow
    edited October 2007
    brettw22 wrote: »
    If you buy something that's $2-300 and you ship it through the mail, you deserve to get it stolen...............that's an idiot move IMO........
    HUH? Glad not everyone thinks that way I would never get anything shipped out of here lol.

Personally I think it would be a foolish move as a shipper, if you didnt require a signature confirmation and insurance though.

REGARDS SNOW
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited October 2007
    Yeah definitely bring it to the postal worker first, at the same time while youre talking, watch his hands to prevent any pepper spray in the face.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    Thought I had the problem rectified by talking to the postal employee. Apparently I was wrong. Atleast this time he used elastic bands around the flag rather than leaving the package on the the ground.

What he is doing is totally unacceptable. I think I may have to go directly to the post office with this one.

Damn when things go wrong, things go wrong....today is not my day.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    That would piss me off too.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited November 2007
    Thought I had the problem rectified by talking to the postal employee. Apparently I was wrong. Atleast this time he used elastic bands around the flag rather than leaving the package on the the ground.

What he is doing is totally unacceptable. I think I may have to go directly to the post office with this one.

Damn when things go wrong, things go wrong....today is not my day.

Wow. BL, that just screams, "steal me!!" . Bring the pics and your case will be made.. Good luck bro..
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007

Be a MUCH better option....the other way ...going over his head first...would be like pissing off the cook before he makes you a meal...not good :) You might end up missing a LOT of items...or he stomps them around the corner before he gets to your house...always give a person a chance first.

oopps....didnt read down far enough :o time to fry his ****....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    Yea im gonna take the pics to the post office tomorrow or wednesday. Didn't have time to go today. It would take someone 2 seconds to pull up in a car and grab that package.