Outlaw audio drops price of pre amps by $200

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Wow.. this is quite the deal now.. 16 months ago I paid full price of $1100 for my pre amp. now that same exact pre amp for the month of October only is $799 dang nice price.

So if you're looking to add a pre amp.. this might be a good time to check it out.

they are also offering a deal to current owners of their pre amps when the new ones come out.. Woo Hoo! :D

http://www.outlawaudio.com/promo_pages/doubledown.html
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• cjpre4
    cjpre4 Posts: 20
    edited October 2007
    I see where you have some experience with the Outlaw 990.
    I am looking for a updated receiver right now and was thinking about a 7 channel Yamaha or Harmon Kardon, something around $500. I have my own amplifiers and will be using the Pre - Outs jacks. I also have SACD and DVD-A that I would like to use.
    Do you think that the 970 would be a better unit than these types of receivers?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited October 2007
    Why not buy a HT processor instead of wasting the resources of an AVR?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2007
    I didn't see any support for HDMI switching. It does have DVI switching though.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2007
    these were built before HDMI was the standard... the new generation of pre amps from Outlaw will have HDMI, but they are not out yet.

for $499 or $799 respectively, you can't really beat it in that price range. if HDMI is that important to you then of course pass on the deal. the deal is only for the month of October. wait and the deal will be gone.

they give you 30 days to try it out in your home with your amps.. if it isn't right for you.. return it.. and get something else. how can you lose on this deal? like it, keep it. don't like it return it.

I liked mine, so I kept it.. HDMI was NOT important to me. it was at the bottom of the list for what I was looking for in a pre amp.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    I may be looking for a new 2ch. pre since my Mac is acting strange lately.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche