Exciting happenings over San Francisco today (Blue Angels and Airbus A380)

Danny Tse
Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
As I am typing this, the Blue Angels are flying over (more like blasting over) the office in preparation of the upcoming Fleet Week weekend.

Also, the largest airliner in the world, the Airbus A380, landed in SFO and did several flybys over the City right before the Blue Angels took to the sky. I saw it flying by as I was stuck in traffic about 45 minutes ago....ahem, after lunch at In-and-Out Burger :D BTW, SF Int'l is the first US airport certified for the A380....mostly likely due to the int'l flights from here to Asia.
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited October 2007
    I just missed this by a couple days. My wife and I just got back from San Fran on Wed. night. We were down there for the Seahawk game and a little mini vacation before our baby comes. Stayed in Union square and had a blast. It's really similar to Seattle.

Wish we had known about fleet week, would of stayed a few more days.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    I recently watched a show about how the A380 is manufactured.It is mind blowing how big this thing is and truly amazing it can stay in the air.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jeremie
    jeremie Posts: 246
    edited October 2007
    when i was in DC for travel back in March they had the new Airbus 380 there on display for the media and lets just say, that is one huge aircraft.
    Receiver Yamaha 3070 *Emotiva xpa5 * Behringer iNuke 6000dsp *Monster Cable HTS 3500 -- line conditioner * Panamax 5300 * Apple 4K * Panasonic UB820 * JVC NX5 * Silver Ticket thin bezel 120”
    LSIM - Fronts 707 * Center 706c * Sides 702 * Rear 703 *FP RC85i * RP RC65i * Sub (2) SI HT18
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    Danny Tse wrote: »
    As I am typing this, the Blue Angels are flying over (more like blasting over) the office in preparation of the upcoming Fleet Week weekend.

Also, the largest airliner in the world, the Airbus A380, landed in SFO and did several flybys over the City right before the Blue Angels took to the sky. I saw it flying by as I was stuck in traffic about 45 minutes ago....ahem, after lunch at In-and-Out Burger :D BTW, SF Int'l is the first US airport certified for the A380....mostly likely due to the int'l flights from here to Asia.

In the late 80's early 90's I worked right across from moffet field...it was awesome how low the blue angels flew over our building...your term of blasting fit perfectly. I would love to see the new a380 in flight or even on the runway for that matter...that plane is HUGE.

My last time out that way was earlier this year, I took my retired father for a flight in a B17 Bomber at moffet field....put on by the Collings Foundation in their " Nine O Nine " B17 Bomber....it was worth every penny to take that flight with him.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited October 2007
    When I was working for a construction company at O'Hare Airport, I watched the A380 land. This was back in March when they were doing a 'tour' of the US with the new plane. It was a big mother...
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2007
    Cleaning out my dad's home, I just found maybe 7 or 8 packages of Blue Angels cardboard airplanes. These were distributed by the Blue Angels ........... when they had just been formed. The aircraft is the Grumman F-11F Tiger. We're talking serious collector money here. The packages have never been opened. Thanks dad.

My dad has TONS of this kind of stuff. TONS of aviation books, and the impact resistant models issued by the aircraft companies when they introduce a new design.

You sure it's Fleet Week? They could be practicing for the upcoming celebration commemorating the 55th anniversary of my birth at the Presidio of San Francisco.
  • Jockos
    Jockos Posts: 310
    edited October 2007
    Nice airplane, though I'm a Douglas man myself followed by boeing.
  • dawningphoenix
    dawningphoenix Posts: 39
    edited October 2007
    That's a nice plane. And George, that's some cool stuff. F-11F Tigers... Wow. I haven't heard much about those in a long time.
    The Air Force Thunderbirds are also incredibly loud. I used to live at the Air Force Academy, and they would go screaming overhead. And that's not counting when they would do fly-bys of the stadium for football games or graduation.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2007
    Loud, is a Thunderbirds airshow when they were flying 105's or F-4's. You had to be there.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    when they were flying 105's or F-4's.
    Geoge, did they actually use F-4's for aerobatics?Where they not a bit big for that?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    DOH! I just got back from San Francisco area last Friday! I was in Modesto at one of our plants, but we ran into S/F Monday night. We took the boat tour out to the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz-very cool since I'd never seen either in person. I hope my wife can come with me when we go back out in February so we can spend a weekend & enjoy the sites.