Windtalkers

PETERNG
PETERNG Posts: 918
edited October 2002 in Music & Movies
This movide will be released in DVD tomorrow, this is one heck of a war movie, one of the best Chinese made America movie, just make sure your amp and sub are in good condition...
Post edited by PETERNG on

Comments

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited October 2002
    I think it's gonna be a buy, I thought it was quite good.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited October 2002
    Always up for a good war movie.
    I'll check it out.
    Doing the blockbuster thing these days,
    rent it
    like it
    buyit for 9.99

-Luc
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2002
    So, are there any of those slo-mo cheese ball effects thrown in? Typical John Woo over the top crap. If so, I'll pass, if not, I'll try to land a free rental somehow. Not a big fan of Nich Cage either.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2002
    There are plenty of fast action special effects in this war movie, but this time, Woo did a good job to tells an American war story, a very good story, true story and some very good performances, Nicolas Case is outstanding, the rest of the star casts are very good also. I've seen this movie on big screen, now I will buy the DVD, just to test out my hug-mondo PSW1200. Hold on to your seat and let this Chinese guy tell you about an outstanding war story... You'll gone to hate the Japanese on this one...cheers
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited October 2002
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    So, are there any of those slo-mo cheese ball effects thrown in? Typical John Woo over the top crap. If so, I'll pass, if not, I'll try to land a free rental somehow. Not a big fan of Nich Cage either.

over the top of what??? anyway Woo's Hong Kong stuff is great..its his American movies that stink ...although I havent seen this one yet
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2002
    Woo's Hong Kong stuff is great..its his American movies that stink
    I completely agree.

The Killer, Hard Boiled, Bullet in the Head...great films. He completely lost it with; Broken Arrow, Face Off, MI:2, Hard Target, total crap fests.

If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Billm57
    edited October 2002
    yep..thats what happens when the "suits" dictate what the movie should be
  • Billm57
    edited October 2002
    BTW-how is Bullet In The Head? worth picking up? I liked the Killer and Hardboiled..Better Tomorrow was pretty good as well