I think I found the right speakers....

1lakerfan
1lakerfan Posts: 112
edited October 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SPR-13S

can be used on the doors on rear deck right?
Post edited by 1lakerfan on

Comments

• killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited October 2007
    i still would get the phoenix gold speakers for that price man. they are way better speakers for the money.
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • JoshParsons84
    JoshParsons84 Posts: 565
    edited October 2007
    Hey killerb it says in your signature that you have the sr6500's. I'm wanting to get a pair of them for my fronts when I can afford them and was really considering a pair for my rears and making them coaxials. But is it really not necessary at all to have rear speakers? I mean I'm not saying anything cause everybody here knows way more than I do but I just don't understand that????
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited October 2007
    the sr6500's are great speakers. i never use rear speakers, they pull the image to the rear. you would be better off using the extra money for a better amp or a processor.
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • 1lakerfan
    edited October 2007
    how about these Polk Audio MMC6500. found these for $150 on internet.
  • 1lakerfan
    edited October 2007
    the pheonix gold speakers probably are better but i dont want to spend 300 for a pair.
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited October 2007
    Hey killerb it says in your signature that you have the sr6500's. I'm wanting to get a pair of them for my fronts when I can afford them and was really considering a pair for my rears and making them coaxials. But is it really not necessary at all to have rear speakers? I mean I'm not saying anything cause everybody here knows way more than I do but I just don't understand that????

Stereo is 2 channel, left and right not front and rear. Typically you want to set your car audio system up so that all the sound is in front of you. When you listen to a band playing you don't usually sit with your back to them. Installing speakers in the rear of the car usually pulls the sound towards the middle of the car which is unwanted. Many times you see rear speakers in the rear of the car and used as "rear fill". This means that the volume of these speakers are turned down very low so that you can just barely hear them. A pair of SR6500's installed like this is waste of money. Now if you are into mobile video or DVD audio the by all means install a second set in the rear because these types of media will definately benefit from the second pair but you will also need a center channel. It really depends on what you want from your system. A set of SR6500's and a couple of 10 or 12 inch subwoofers will sound great and loud. Good luck.