Deck and Outdoor Speakers

MillerLiteScott
MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
I finished a deck for some clients of mine who had a contractor start this deck but was unable to finish it. Long story. I finished the deck and installed some outdoor speakers (Proficient AW650), some volume controls, and a whole house amp for 7 pairs of speakers. The decking is ipe with sapelli accents. All the lumber except the decking and the structural framing under the decking was in rough cut form and had to be milled to it's current state. The kitchen cabinets and doors were all milled and assembled from raw lumber. The counter top is concrete. It was a lot of work and very time consuming. I think it turned out very nice and the client is very happy although a bit lighter in the wallet. The screen system is from a company called Phantom Screen and it retracts into the vertical on each side. This allows for complete access or completely closed in. The first picture is what the deck looked like when I first got their to give credit where credit is due to the first contractor.
I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
Post edited by MillerLiteScott on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited October 2007
    VERY nice work........never heard of Ipe or Sapelli, but it looks great.

I am VERY into the concrete countertops. Seen a few different forms and I do hope to put those into a home in the future. You don't happen to have a few extra pics of the concrete countertops, do you?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited October 2007
    brettw22 wrote: »
    VERY nice work........never heard of Ipe or Sapelli, but it looks great.

I am VERY into the concrete countertops. Seen a few different forms and I do hope to put those into a home in the future. You don't happen to have a few extra pics of the concrete countertops, do you?

Funny, I was thinking pretty much the exact same thing on all accounts. Nice work, Scott.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited October 2007
    Wow! Very nice work!

Maybe someday I'll have you do some work for me?
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited October 2007
    Thanks

I will look through my pictures and see what I have.

I tried to upload some of my pictures but the files were to large. The sink is integral part of the counter top with drains formed into the concrete for plates etc. on either side of the sink. I have done a few kitchens and bathrooms with concrete tops and it is pretty cool. The one thing you have to be careful of is grease, it can and will be absorbed into the concrete and leave a stain. The companies that manufacture these products usually also provide other pieces of concrete to place pots and spoons on with little rubber feet on the bottom.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited October 2007
    DOn't upload your pics to Polk.......upload them to something lik www.imageshack.us and then post the links here so we can see the full sized images.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    that is absolutely beautiful......I hate my deck now.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman