October Issue Affordable$$Audio

markmarc
markmarc Posts: 2,309
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Everyone:
Affordable$$Audio is pleased to announce that the October issue is now available for free download in both single and dual column formats. This month's issue includes a blind shootout between several monitors. Thanks for your continued support.
www.affordableaudio.org
Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
Former Staff Member TONEAudio
2 Ch. System
Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
Post edited by markmarc on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    Thank you sir!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    Awesome issue. I still can't believe how much work Craig puts out for next to nothing. I'll bet he's still getting loads of crap from his blind review. He's one of the few people that I've found in this hobby that is guininely unbiased.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited October 2007
    I only recently met Craig online. Just from my short time knowing him, he is all that you said.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited October 2007
    I read the article on the T amp. I am so tempted to get one for my zone 2 outdoor speakers, but afraid of the small 15watt output. Dont know if it would drive my Daytons too well, for being outdoor.

Here are my speakers, what do you all think? That little T amp got enough juice?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=310-056
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited October 2007
    another excellent issue, Thanks again Mark
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    I read the article on the T amp. I am so tempted to get one for my zone 2 outdoor speakers, but afraid of the small 15watt output. Dont know if it would drive my Daytons too well, for being outdoor.

Here are my speakers, what do you all think? That little T amp got enough juice?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=310-056

No way, you need to by the Musical Fidelity Supercharger 550K that'll power those bad boys!:D ;)