Another EBAY ?

millerman 3732
millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
You can probably tell I don't do alot of eBay bidding buy the number of questions I ask about it but I have another. I was trying to bid on an HD-DVD and the seller has some sort of terms that if your pay-pal acct. isn't linked up with eBay that he won't accept your bid. Is the safe/normal?
Casey
H/T: Epson 6500ub
Sony UBP-X800
Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
Outlaw 7125
Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
Polk RTi6
SVS PB 12 plus/2
Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
Post edited by millerman 3732 on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited September 2007
    I know when I'm selling something, it gives a link to PayPal to pay for the auction when it's done. Maybe that's not what you mean but it may be that he just wants someone with a verified PayPal account to buy something. Just ask him and see what he means by it. I'm not real sure what to tell you!
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited September 2007
    Yes, that's normal. There's a check box for buy-it-now where you can require immediate payment via paypal & someone can buy it out from under you until you complete the payment.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited September 2007
    This is what it said.

This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and only sells to buyers who meet those requirements.

You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:

You either don't have a PayPal account or your PayPal account is not linked to your eBay account. We encourage you to register with PayPal - it is the fast, easy and safe way to pay. Register with PayPal | Already have a PayPal account?
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited September 2007
    Ebay bought PayPal a little while back, so it's a double win for Ebay if you pay via PayPal since they get even more fee revenue.........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2007
    i linked my Paypal account to my Ebay account when it prompted me to do it... easy enough..
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: