My leather coat! - HELP

janmike
janmike Posts: 6,146
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
I attended a trade show recently and the marketing department had been requested to develop some labels (stick on kind) for our new division. Anyway, nobody seemed to like them except the person who requested them. At the trade show I was given the labels and asked what the hell do I do will these? Our young marketing lady said that my team member requested them so .......

To make a long story short a few of us joked around with the labels and I indicated that we should just hide them as they were useless. So I go and put my leather coat (6 months old and a Retail Price of $900) on today and my wife says that I have a large piece of tape on the back. Sure enough it is one of the labels and it is stuck on big time. The labels are transaprent with our division name on them and yes someone has pealed one off and put it on the back of my coat. I guess this was to be a joke. I tried to lift a corner of the label off and the leather started to come with it. **** who did this. I am thinking that a hair dryer may soften the glue and then it will let go. When I get back to work in 2 weeks someone will be buying me a new coat if I cannot take that label off without leaving a mark. Any ideas folks as the hair dryer thing is all I can think of. Stupid kids - the working kind.
Michael ;)
In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
Post edited by janmike on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2007
    Cover it completely with Saddle Soap. Try a small area first to see if it discolors the leather.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited September 2007
    I had this happen to me. Take it to a leather shop or a specialty store that sells leather coats. In fact go back to where you purchased the coat. Professionals have chemicals and treatments that can take that sticker off and treat the leather as if nothing happened. I HIGHLY recommend you do nothing yourself. Take it to someone who knows. This is not something you want to mess with.
  • janmike
    edited September 2007
    Well, the dealer I bought it from is 981 miles and that would be the closest one.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited September 2007
    Fax it to them and they can fix it that way... j/k ;)
    This is a job for the pros, then bill the idiot that stuck that stoopid sticker on your coat.
  • SolidSqual
    edited September 2007
    Call the dealer. Tell them what happend. You should be able to mail it to them. For a $900 coat they should be bending over backwards to want to fix it. In all honesty, it should be like any high-end audio dealer. They want their product to be in tip top shape and will provide maintenance services for a nominal fee of course.
  • janmike
    edited September 2007
    That is why I have not touched it, in fear of making matters worse. Trust me, the idiot responsible will PAY. Can you believe someone would do such a stupid thing.
    The dealer is extremely reputable and will help for sure.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • SolidSqual
    edited September 2007
    When people mess with my stuff as I joke, I get really miffed. You have every right to be angry. Seriously, what the hell did they think would happen?
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2007
    Man that sucks. Hopefully you can get it repaired.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2007
    What the heck?! A $900 leather jacket? I had NO Idea such a thing existed. Neither of mine cost but somewhere around $300, I think.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited September 2007
    audiobliss, remember those are Canadian dollars... prolly $2.57 American.
    j/k janmike! ;)
  • janmike
    edited September 2007
    I actually enjoyed getting USD and Traveller's cheques for Polk Fest in the bank late Friday. How sweet it is.

While the MSRP was $900 I did not pay that nor would I.

I remember a colleague asking why anyone in their right mind would look at speaker cables that carried a $2400 MSRP - MIT. I did and yes I am crazy.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited September 2007
    petrym wrote: »
    audiobliss, remember those are Canadian dollars... prolly $2.57 American.
    j/k janmike! ;)

Oh man, you haven't checked the exchange rate lately have you? The U.S. and Canadian dollars were at par just last week and the Canadian dollar was actually stronger just last Friday.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    joeparaski wrote: »
    Oh man, you haven't checked the exchange rate lately have you? The U.S. and Canadian dollars were at par just last week and the Canadian dollar was actually stronger just last Friday.

Joe

maybe, but it still doesnt mean we like you canadians!

(kidding)
  • SolidSqual
    edited September 2007
    Oh yeah, well my Adagios go for $5000 in Canada, but $4300 in USA. The exchange rate is a poor method to assess the strength of a currency.

This should shed some light on things:
    http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mexchangerates.html

If you have more time, go pick up an economics text book that discusses exchange rates.

The United States is by FAR the wealthiest country in the world. We're 4th or 5th in per capita, but RAKE in way more money total than any other.