A good weekend for vinyl finds at the yard sales...

avguytx
avguytx Posts: 1,628
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
This weekends trip to the yards sales wasn't much for electronics or any other knick knacks but I did come up with some new vinyl for the ever growing collection. Here's what I got for maybe $10 from various sales of which most were a 7 to 9.5 out of 10.

Timothy B Scmhidt (self titles solo album)
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
Led Zeppelin - Zosa
Queen - A Night at the Opera
Boston - Third Stage
The Doors - Self Titled from 1967?
Chicago - "10" (the candy bar cover...thanks SCompRacer!)
Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees
Al Stewart - Time Passages
Giuffria - Silk and Steel (old hair band)
Don Henley - I Can't Stand Still
Point Blank - The Hard Way

These are others I found but are duplicates of things I already have so they go to my buddy back home.
Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic
Boz Scaggs - Middle Man
Steve Perry - Street Talk
Sammy Hagar - Standing Hampton (great album)
Simple Minds - Once Upon a Time
REP Speedwagon Live - You Get What You Play For
The Who - Who's next
Wham! - Make it Big (cheesy I know but hey, I grew up in that era)
Eagles - Their Greatest Hits
Night Ranger - 7 Wishes
John Waite - No Brakes
Foreigner - self titled

Not a bad haul though.
Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
Post edited by avguytx on

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited September 2007
    avguytx wrote: »
    Chicago - First one? 1976?

The first one for Chicago would be 1969 as Chicago Transit Authority. Legal action was threatened by the real city of Chicago Transit Authority, forcing the group to reduce their name to Chicago. ’70 was Chicago, ’71 was Chicago III. ’76 would be Chicago 10, the candy bar cover.

Good job! I didn't do as good as you, but did score a great Steve Winwood/Back In The High Life at Goodwill.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited September 2007
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    The first one for Chicago would be 1969 as Chicago Transit Authority. Legal action was threatened by the real city of Chicago Transit Authority, forcing the group to reduce their name to Chicago. ’70 was Chicago, ’71 was Chicago III. ’76 would be Chicago 10, the candy bar cover.

Good job! I didn't do as good as you, but did score a great Steve Winwood/Back In The High Life at Goodwill.

I could never keep up with all their dang album numbers and I thought I remembered them being around before 1976! Thanks for the clarification! Duly noted! :D
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited September 2007
    I was eligible for the draft in '71, and I live by Cheecago, so it would be a crime if I didn't know these things.;) :D

The inside jacket pic on # 10 was pretty kewl too.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *