Shout out to McLoki

opus
opus Posts: 1,252
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
.......tick.....tock......tick.....tock..............

Still waiting for that review Mr. "I can't believe it took you two weeks to hook up your new sub"

Let's get after it or I will call in the Special Forces from Bloomington;)
The Flea rig
Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
Polk RTA-11t-flea market
LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
Behringer Feedback Destroyer
-flea market
AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
Post edited by opus on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited September 2007
    I do have it dialed in - still need to get a couple of y cables - have the amp on the sub turned to almost exactly 1/2 way to match the volume of my existing sub with the Cinepro.

Wife was gone Thursday eve so that would have made a great night to test out the sub and get it set up correctly - but as you know, that didn't materialize.... :D;):D

I will hopefully have an hour or two sans kids and wife to play with it some today. I will let you know what I think. (have played one non-bass movie and it did sound good - considering the lack of bass in the movie though - hard to tell if it was any better than one)

I was initally thinking of spreading them apart in the room to help with some of my room nodes, but decided with my size room, I would be better off co-locating them to maximize the bass available.

War of the Worlds, Lord of the Rings, and Master and Commander are qued up and waiting for the wife and kids to leave for a bit. Actually reprogramming the BFD will have to wait - I really want to heard a demo... :)

Michael

BTW - I spoke with your "special forces in bloomington" yesterday. He wants to know what the hell - 2 weeks and no word? He was concerned the Ultra was not worth the work you had to put forth to get it. Might want to give him a call if you get a few min....
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    McLoki wrote: »
    BTW - I spoke with someone from Bloomington yesterday. He wants to know what the hell - 2 weeks and no word? He was concerned the Ultra was not worth the work you had to put forth to get it. Might want to give him a call if you get a few min....
    opus wrote: »
    Let's get after it or I will call someone from Bloomington;)

Fixed!

What the hell... I thought you guys were talking about me?:rolleyes: No need to lay me out like that.:o :p

Both of you have some serious issues.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    ......tick.....tock......tick.....tock.........

*YAWN*
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited September 2007
    Here you go - post #48. (vultures...) :D

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)