Sports Illustrated has gone down the crapper

zombie boy 2000
zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
I checked the calendar to make sure it wasn't April Fools Day. Nope...
You can't make this crap up.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/09/28/bc.fbn.bengals.pigeonpo.ap/index.html
I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
Post edited by zombie boy 2000 on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    SI has been almost unreadable for about five years, and yet it still blows away ESPN The Magazine.

That story is hilarous though :) For any sports fans who like a bit of cynicism in their sports news, check out Deadspin
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited September 2007
    "Eric Brown, managing director of the stadium, sent a letter asking the city to allow stadium employees to kill the birds with an air-powered pellet rifle.

Brown says no shooting would take place on game days."

Was the last line really necessary to state? I mean who would think, "Well I sure hope one of those pidgeons they are shooting doesn't land in my nachos! I guess it's better than the **** though."

I read Sports Illustrated for the pictures.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    Well...
    we at the very least learned that the sworn natural enemy of the pigeon is the strobelight.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2007
    All sports journalism has become stupid. Well, local papers and blogs are still good.

Why must every national sports show be more about celebrity gossip, personal issues, police report, and social/racial analysis.

F that. I don't want to hear that stuff, and certainly not from former athletes. I want sports analysis and highlights.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    Seeing the offing of pigeons would definately make a good youtube video.