Rocky Mountains Audio Fest...no Polk?

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Surprised to see Polk will have no representation here; seems to be a big one with many big players there. :confused::confused::confused:

http://audiofest.net/2007/exhibitor_listing.php?ex=ALL&Sid=3039a88e85d90313b5d940eb4ae7f94c

Edit: Never mind; Bose won't be there either :D:D

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited September 2007
    This is sad. The Lsi's need to be heard by audio fanatics. Too many misconceptions that they are typical Polk, when we know the LSi's are a whole different breed.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited September 2007
    The big push was for CEDIA this time, maybe next year.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2007
    Maybe next year, the big push was on Cedia.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2007
    How did that happen?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2007
    Toot goes the same corporate ****? :p

I keed.
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    How did that happen?

That's hilarious :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited September 2007
    I was thinking that too. No problem as long as av123 is there :)
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2007
    Zero wrote: »
    RMAF is a public oriented event aimed at more discriminating hobbyists(vice the usual group of press and dealers at most events). It is a time for the 'little guy' to shine and strut their stuff. Unless Polk Audio has a secret weapon this year, this ain't Polk's territory and hasn't been for years.

So was LSAF, and Polk was there.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited September 2007
    Fact is we were going to a Manley Rep at the Fest until he found out there were a couple of more cities in Georgia besides Atlanta.......so he had to get Rocky Mountain which was a conflict with him coming all the way to south Ga. for the fest, well anyway, we had a great conversation about Polk/Manley gear playing together, this fellow would love to demo the Manley gear with us at a future time.

If Cedia was the focus then that is that, I will trust in Matt and the rest in knowing the who, what, why, where and when. Besides they said they would rather come to the PolkFest.;)

RT1
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2007
    Huh?
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited September 2007
    The funny thing is that CEDIA was in Denver as well. All they had to do was rent some secure place to store the LSi's for a month. I firmly believe that once you get the audiophiles to hear the LSi's, Polk would regain some respect that was lost when they went with big boxes.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited September 2007
    I want to go to check out the new av123 stuff. That open baffle x-static speaker looks promising. did anyone see the deals on the av123 stuff its nuts right now

http://www.av123.com/specials.php
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2007
    markmarc wrote: »
    The funny thing is that CEDIA was in Denver as well. All they had to do was rent some secure place to store the LSi's for a month. I firmly believe that once you get the audiophiles to hear the LSi's, Polk would regain some respect that was lost when they went with big boxes.

Getting set-up for an large audio expo usually takes about five-ten minutes tops, you're right. I'll fire off an email t management.