good bye to my trunk

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2002 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have a pair of EXII 12´s and i havent got the sound i want, i think is due to my sub boxes, what is the best recomended box size to get the best of them ? (i,m very much into hard rock) i would like 2 single boxes to have the opportunity to take one off the car to fit a strowler eventually, i have a chrysler cirrus

thanks !!!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2002
    Options
    tHANKS KIN, I,M USING 3 DIFFERENT AMPS ONE FOR THE FRONT DOOR SPKRS ONE FOR THE REARS(6X9) AND ONE FOR THE SUBS
    THE FRONTS ARE FULL RANGE, THE REARS ARE CUTOUT AT ABOUT 100 HX AND THE SUBS ARE CUTOUT AT ABOUT 100 HZ ALSO I DON'T KNOW THE XOVER SLOPES

I'M USING A 1. SOMETHING SEALED BOX STUFFED, BUT IT DID NOT SOUND LOUD, I HAVE ALREADY TRIED THE PHASE THING AND IT DOES SOUND BETTER, I HAVE 120 RMS ON A KENWOOD AMP FOR THE SUBS, AND WOULD LIKE TO TRY OUT WITH THE ENCLOSURES BEFORE I CHANGE AMP, I LIKE IT LOUD BUT NOT EXTREME ALL I WANT IS TO HEAR SOME GOOD OL R&R AT A RESPECTABLE LEVEL, I HAVE AN ALPINE HEAD UNIT, CD CHANGER AND EQ.

I HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS TRYING TO GET SOUND FROM THE TRUNK INTO THE CAR, SO BAD I HAD TO CUT A ROUND HOLE ABOUT 6 IN IN DIAMETER, I TRIED WITH A LARGER AMP OF A FRIEN OF MINE BEFORE CUTTING THE HOLE AND STILL NO SOUND CAME TRHOUGH, CAN THE TRUNK BE THAT WELL SEALED??, ANYWAY WITH THE HOLE I WAS ABLE TO GET GOOD SOUND BUT I KNOW THAT I CAN GET SOME MORE OUT OF THEM.

ALSO I'M THINKING OF LOWERING THE 12'S XOVER FREQ AND GETTING AN 8IN SUB UNDER THE FRONT SEAT DOES THAT MAKE SENSE (I HAVE A SPARE SUB CHANNEL 120 RMS AVAILABLE)

I HAVE VERY THIK CABLE (BATTERY CABLE) FOR POWER AND GROUND INTO A POWER DISTRIBUTION BLOCK SO I DON'T THINK IS DUE TO LACK OF POWER DUE TO CABLING
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2002
    Options
    hey bud...

well i doubt your trunk is THAT well sealed.. but who knows?

as far as the 120 wrms -- if thats 120 on 2 subs thats 60 a sub that is insanely underpowered.. if its even 120 a sub you're underpushing them... you need about 200 per sub to get a good sound out of some EX II's --

my girlfriend had EXII's, then mtx 6000's and they're both about the same power range... you need a good 200 - 210 to get them going.

I'm not sure what the rms spec is on them. but i think its like 200 - 225.

the xover is ok at 100 -- if you want to lower it to like 80 then all that will let you do is throw some more wattage onto them without breaking up.

I suggest a bigger amp (200 x 2 or something that will support two subs like maybe a mono block amp? 500 x 1 or something).

also.. i may be wrong.. but i think the enclosure spec on the EXII subs is like .88 cubic per. make sure you get your box volume DOWN to .88. they need a tight box. ((thats why we went from ExII's to mtx6k's in my girlfriend's car --- i was too lazy to build her a new box and 1.2 cubic sounded like crap on the EXII's. -- well that and I blew them up with a two 500 w bridged amps... lol.. hey i TRIED to make it really loud!)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge