5 Free Summer Blu-Ray movies DELAYED!

rskarvan
rskarvan Posts: 2,374
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Ok... I'm bummed.
On August 1, I purchased a Sony Blue-Ray player with a rebate for 5 free movies via mail order. I immediately sent in the rebate info so that I can get my 5 free movies.

I waited. I waited. And, I waited some more.

Today (9/27), I get a post-card in the mail telling me that my 5 free movies are delayed until November 4th (another 5 weeks or so).

Worse yet, they had the audacity to ask me if I'd like to cancel my order for five free movies (just send back the post card). They promise NOTHING if you cancel your order.

WTF??? Sony, this sucks!!! SEND ME MY GD MOVIES!!!
Post edited by rskarvan on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2007
    Cry more. BFD, they're free, anything free means you're going to wait.
  • rskarvan
    edited September 2007
    And wait, and wait, and wait some more. Ugh.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2007
    I think they're counting on you cancelling.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited September 2007
    Seeing this BR thread up here for an hour without Cheddar chiming in is like living in Metropolis and watching a building burn down without seeing Superman.

It's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's FANBOI! Come save the BluRay day, Cheddar. :) I kid, I kid. Lo siento.

I received my HD-DVDs in about 3 months and am expecting the next 5 freebies here shortly as well. By no means fast, but at least they didn't ask me to cancel my order to save their a$$.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Home Theatre
    Home Theatre Posts: 469
    edited September 2007
    The first mistake you made was getting blu-ray!
    Everything I own burned in the fire!!!!!!!!!!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited September 2007
    Anybody hook up HDMI out on PS3 and have the optical out not work?
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • rskarvan
    edited September 2007
    The first mistake you made was getting blu-ray!

Possibly. Here was my thinking. Purchased a Plasma TV at BB. This entitled me to $100 off a HD player. The Blue Ray was on sale for $450. With the $100 off, this brings it to $350. Blu-Ray discs are about $35 each. So, I'm thinking 5 discs is worth $175 (half the price of $350).

Now, I NEEDED (not want) an upconverting 1080p DVD HDMI player. The blue ray does this for regular DVD's. These typically cost $100 or so. So, for an extra $75, I get a Sony Blu-Ray player.

Now, if they fail to send me my 5 "Free" movies, then I made a mistake. If they come though, then I'm on budget.

I probably should have just purchased a PS3 for about the same coinage. But, I think its a little (for lack of a better word) child-ish to use a game system to watch movies in a nice high end home theater setting. Plz. don't flame me - I know the PS3 is a fine entertainment machine.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    That's what you get for choosing Blu Ray

(on a side note, im still waiting for my 5 free HD DVDs)
  • brijenjas
    brijenjas Posts: 311
    edited September 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    Anybody hook up HDMI out on PS3 and have the optical out not work?
    Nope, works fine, maybe check your audio settings again?

And what's up with Sony?

Why would anyone cancel an order that's FREE?
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited September 2007
    The power of justifcation is strong with you, rskarvan!

I do the same thing. About 8 months ago, I was going to buy a $150 upconverting Oppo for the bedroom, then found a HD-A2 for $200. Got 4 free HD-DVDs from the previous owner ($100), a nice HDMI cable ($20), and 5 free HD-DVDs via rebate ($125). So, he basically gave me $45 to take the player off his hands.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850