Re-break in?

Meeks32
Meeks32 Posts: 330
edited September 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys, I just finnished installing my speakers in my car yesterday. I have a set of Focal polyglass 6.5" components that have been sitting in my closet for the last 2 years. I remember when I got them they didnt sound like I thought they would & after some playing time they turned out pretty awesome but when I put them in my new car yesterday they lacked any midbass that I remember them having. I know some people dont believe in "break in" but do you guys think that after sitting for 2 years they just may need to have some playing time or should I be looking at other ways to improve my mid-bass in my car?
Post edited by Meeks32 on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    try sound deadening your doors, that would be the first step.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Meeks32
    edited September 2007
    I did, I put a layer or two on the inside pannel & outside one. The doors arent sealed up with dynamat like I have seen lots of people do in there pictures, dont know if that would matter or not. When I say sealed up I mean dynamat covering the access holes for the window components.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    Yes, cover the access holes, thats when you'll notice the difference.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Meeks32
    edited September 2007
    Ok, I will do that tommorow. While my door covers are off what is the popular opinion on rear wave difusers/absorbers that go behind the speakers? Worth putting something behind them or no?
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    They can work but the best is to use Ensolite from Raamaudio. It doesnt absorb water and goes on the insde of the door panel and absorbs waves.

While all these things can work, youll be better off by putting a layer on the outside panel of the inner door if you already havent.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D