UGH! Blown speakers suck!

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited September 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
That stupid 6.5" mid in the passenger side door sounds like it's heading for catastrophic failure. I gotta replace it. I think I'm gonna pull the 6.5's out of the rear cab corners and move them to the front. I don't have any drivers to replace the rear cab corner ones with so now I gotta go and retune the whole damn thing.

It's going to hours of fiddling with interior trim panels, wiring and amplifier mounts and then sitting there tweaking, listening, grumbling, tweaking some more, listening grumbling, tweaking AGAIN, grumbling, tweaking, grumbling, throwing hands up in frustration, cursing, throwing a screwdriver, walking away damning truck to hell, finding screwdriver, tweaking again, listening...ahh the hell with it! Can't hear the damn radio over the exhaust noise anyway! Where's my beer?
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    Make sure you dont throw the screwdriver into another good speaker.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited September 2007
    Ahh, hearing things like this remind me of how much I don't miss jacking with car audio. :D
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    Sounds like now is a great time to upgrade! How 'bout a nice set of SR's?! ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Jstas
    edited September 2007
    How am I paying for them? My good looks?

No, no SR's yet. I got other stuff I gotta pay for.

Besides, an upgrade requires new amplification and a reworking of the entire setup.

Don't worry though, the Ranger will get the full SR treatment and I got my eye on those Soundstream Reference amps they are coming out with. Gonna get my Kenwood eXcelon PS-955 fixed and hook up a KDC-CX87 CD Changer.

Yeah, that's gonna be kick ****!

Just gotta get the air bag suspension but I gotta rebuild the 9 inch rear before I can install the bags. Then I gotta get the V8 built and find a T-56 so I can stuff 4.56 gears in the 9 inch and still get decent highway mileage. Oh and then there's the bodywork...yeah, the interior isn't getting done for a while but I'll probably buy the speakers (a set of components and two 12 inch subs) sometime in January and squirrely them away until the Ranger is done.

For the Lightning though, right now it's dB's and Kenwood eXcelon all the way around for as long as I can. Hopefully I'll be able to stop driving it soon because I might be picking up an 03 Harley Davidson F-150 SuperCrew with the two tone silver/black paint. Yeah, that'll be awesome!

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    No money? Thats no problem. Just use credit. Thats what I do - its not like its real money.

:p
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Jstas
    edited September 2007
    I got plenty of credit that I'm trying to get rid of!

No more credit! Cash where ever I can! Barter when ever I can!