Thief Busted!!!!!

greg2350
greg2350 Posts: 544
edited October 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Monday night about 4:30 am I woke up to get a drink of water all the lights were off in my house. When I go to the fridge I looked out the kitchen window where I could see my car in the car port. I noticed would looked like to be someone moving around in my car. I was like oh sh@# someone is stealing my gear. So I go into my room and wake up my best freind (see attached photo). I quickly open the back door at that time he is getting out of the car with my head unit in his hands. My dog immedieatly senses he needs to be dealt with so the guy takes of running with my HU in his hands. My dog takes off after him he gets about 2 houses down when she catches him and latches on to his calf and pulls him down. shes got a good lock on his calf and just goes to shakin and jerkin while he is just screaming like a baby. So I have my cell and call the cops they show up in minutes mind you the whole time she still has a lock on his calf. when the cops arrive I release her but she is still fired up wanting to tear into him. They proceed to arrest him and then realize they need to call an ambulance because a huge chunck is missing from his calf. During this he had dropped my HU which luckily only recieved a few scratches and cut wires which is ok because I didnt use the power off the HU. Now this is the crazy part the cop proceeds to write me a citation for not having a leash on my dog. I explain to him she only goes outside to use the bathroom and go for walks which I use a leash. I was dumbfounded but I didnt want to argue with the cop I will gladley pay the fine knowing this guy is going to jail for attempted burgurly and he has part of his calf missing. Im sure he will have a good story for his cellmates. I know many of you will comment (no alarm) actually I am scheduled to have the alarm installed this sunday buy local shop, but in a way I was glad I didnt have an alarm. This goes out to all you guys who have had your gear stolen:D
TV: Philips 42" LCD 1080p
Front Speakers: Polk Audio RT800i
Center Speaker: Polk Audio CS1
Surround Speakers: Polk Audio R50's powered of Denon AVR
Subwoofer: Polk Audio DSW pro500
AVR: Denon 3801
DVD Player: Denon DVM 745 upscale 1080p
Sat: Directtv HD 10
Front Speakers Amp: Rotel RB 890
Center Speaker amp: Rotel 970 BX
Post edited by greg2350 on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2007
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited September 2007
    cool deal, I just hope you don't get sued over the ordeal
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    I wish I had a Kraken to unleash whenI caught the guy going through my truck last month !!

I chased him down the street in my PJ`s , but he was all cranked up, and was rollin faster than I could run...I was on his heals for a couple of blocks, but ran outa steam

The cops got him 15 min later in a neighbors bushes, and he was telling them to "keep that crazy **** away from me"...

I wanted to take a chunk outa somethin...

I`m glad your buddy got that A-hole !

Makes me feel alittle better !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited September 2007
    That is awesome! I can't believe the cop actually wrote you a ticket even though technically......

I hope you don't get sued as well. In this day and age it could so happen. That's a pretty well trained doggie you got there.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • bobobob
    bobobob Posts: 24
    edited September 2007

I hope you don't get sued as well. In this day and age it could so happen.

Yeah, wouldn't be suprised if the thieves sues your dog/you because of bringing harm to him.

I wish my dog would do this, he probably would run just as fast as the thief, only the other direction :)
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    That is absolutely awesome. But next time youll know, last month it was made legal in Texas to shoot someone who is breaking into your car, especially when on your property. That way, you wont get ticketed.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited September 2007
    That's awesome!
  • greg2350
    edited September 2007
    Im sure he will try to sue but he wont win I allready talked to my lawyer he said the guy was commiting a crime (theft) on my property and the dog was just protecting me. He said the court probally wouldnt even take the case.
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited September 2007
    Well if the guy hadnt been doing that then the chunk wouldnt be missing now would it ? so whos fault is it really ?
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited September 2007
    use to you would be protected by the law now the criminals are protected by the law what the hell is wrong with this place ? inthe real world criminals dont have right they give them up when the commit the crime ! ok ok maybe in a sureal world ! But you know what Im saying
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • hypertone
    hypertone Posts: 150
    edited September 2007
    Wow awesome story! I hope you don't get sued by the stupid ****.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,660
    edited September 2007
    greg2350 wrote: »
    Im sure he will try to sue but he wont win I allready talked to my lawyer he said the guy was commiting a crime (theft) on my property and the dog was just protecting me. He said the court probally wouldnt even take the case.
    That's just because it's TEXAS. LOL
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • exalted512
    edited September 2007
    Well if the guy hadnt been doing that then the chunk wouldnt be missing now would it ? so whos fault is it really ?

Kind of like when a burglar fell through a moon roof on a house onto some knives, sued for his injuries and won?
    -Cody
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    THey told me it was a good thing that I didn`t catch him, because he was only 17,,,,6' 3, 270....big kid !

I said that it didn`t matter how old he was when his was in my truck going through the glove box, so it doesn`t matter how many times I hit him in the head when I catch him

If he try`s to sue, sick your buddy oin him again..!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited September 2007
    Glad you got your stuff back, and glad the thief got a taste of justice (on four legs)...good luck.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    Not a fan or rabid pit bulls but its still pretty cool to hear of a thief, the lowest form of life on this planet, got his just dues.
    beardog03 wrote:
    THey told me it was a good thing that I didn`t catch him, because he was only 17,,,,6' 3, 270....big kid !

They obviously dont know you very well Robert. The thief being that big wouldve only meant you would not have felt bad after you planted him head first and **** deep thru the radiator of your neighbors car!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • greg2350
    edited September 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Not a fan or rabid pit bulls but its still pretty cool to hear of a thief, the lowest form of life on this planet, got his just dues.

Macleod I have much respect for you and have got lots of good info from your posts but I take much offense to that statement "rabid pit bulls". I have owned many breeds of dogs and she has been the best dog I have ever had. If you look at the statistics of dog bites on people pit bulls are not at the top of the list. The problem is the only time you hear about dog bites is when its a pitbull because of the damage they do. I will say it for the 10 millionth time its not the breed its the owner. Ask any vet and they will tell you the breeds not bad its the bad owners. If you know anything about the breed you would know they are great family pets and loving dogs, they dont want to fight but unfortanatly they are raised to fight and so thats all they know is to fight. do some real research on the breed and you will see what a great companion they can be.:cool:
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2007
    Im sorry youre offended, that was not my intent bro.

However pitbulls are a dangerous breed of animal regardless of the owner.

I agree that a loving owner can have a positive effect on them but theyre still inherently a breed of killers. Theyve evolved that way after thousands of years.

Its no different than a tiger, lion or rattlesnake. It doesnt matter how nice, loving or thoughtfull an owner you are, a rattlesnake will still kill you the first chance it gets.

And true, other dogs bite people just as much as pitbulls but when a beagle bites a person its no big deal. When a pitbull drags down a full grown adult and mauls them, it tends to make news.

Im sure your dog is a great family pet and loyal companion, but the fact that you simply opened the door and let him out and he automatically chases down a person thru several yards and tears chunks out of his leg - that is violent, inherent killer behavior despite the fact that the thief got what he deserved.

You gotta think thats why there are no pitbulls as police dogs. They are too dangerous and too hard to control.

Again, Im not trying to offend you but I honestly believe that pitbulls are a very dangerous animal and should not be pets. Its nothing against the animal - I love tigers but I dont think they should be pets either. Just ask that Vegas magic dude. ;)
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited September 2007
    I love tigers but I dont think they should be pets either. Just ask that Vegas magic dude. ;)

Thats funny, I dont care who ya are.
    -Cody
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited September 2007
    I think Pits just have a bad rep. All dogs are capable of going feral. Pits are just wicked strong when they do.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    What Darla said. People are capable of going nuts too, are you going to outlaw muscular people?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • exalted512
    edited September 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    What Darla said. People are capable of going nuts too, are you going to outlaw muscular people?

Macleod would still be safe from being outlawed.
    -Cody
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited September 2007
    That's an awesome dog.
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Macleod would still be safe from being outlawed.
    -Cody

Especially now. I blew my shoulder out back in May doing heavy bench press (doesnt help that Im getting old too) and then because of lugging 200 pound kegs around for a living my back has been hurting so Ive been slacking in the gym and am now fatter than ever! :(

Boy it sucks to get old. I remember the good old days when you could hurt something and it would be healed in a day or two. Now all of a sudden, when I hurt something it seems to be permanent!

By the way, love that picture Darla. :D

Found this - kind of interesting. Bite force comparison between Pitbull, Rottweiler and German Shepherd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7jhrxy0HKs&mode=related&search=

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2007
    Especially now. I blew my shoulder out back in May doing heavy bench press (doesnt help that Im getting old too) and then because of lugging 200 pound kegs around for a living my back has been hurting so Ive been slacking in the gym and am now fatter than ever! :(

Boy it sucks to get old. I remember the good old days when you could hurt something and it would be healed in a day or two. Now all of a sudden, when I hurt something it seems to be permanent!

By the way, love that picture Darla. :D

Heh. Dude, I took an engine block up to the machine shop to get cleaned up and checked out. It was an old dude runnin' the place. He looks at the block in the back of the truck and says "I'll get the cherry picker." I was like "Why? Don't you got a hand truck?" The guy says "Yeah, but how you gonna get it out of the truck?" I said "I put it in there, I can get it out." He looks at me and says "You can pick that up?" I was like "Yeah." In my head I was like "Can't everybody?" I mean, it only weighs about 180 pounds when its a bare block. It's not light by any means and you gotta be careful but I can pick it up.

Sorry, just found it to be a funny anecdote that your post reminded me of. Honestly dude, I'd keep up with the gym and exercise but not so much on the weight training. Go for more of the strength training stuff like exercises similar to push-ups, chin-ups and sit-ups. They work way more muscle groups together and you can build alot more strength than just weight training alone. I was having back problems and such when I was only 27-28 because I was getting lazy and fat. I got back in to the exercising and doing some aerobic stuff almost daily and that made a huge difference and helped alleviate alot of pain. I don't hurt myself as easily anymore either or tire out as quickly.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2007
    Well Ive had a good run. 17 years of dedicated powerlifting and not one injury.

I think that everybody has their natural peak in strength and I had reached mine but I kept pushing to gain more. When youre at your body's limit and you keep trying to do more, eventualy youre body is going to rebel. Top that off with delivering kegs 8-10 hours a day and my body finally said, "F you!!"

I reckon thats evolution for people like me. When youre not smart enough to stop pushing your body, your body will be smart enough for both of you and make you stop.

Wow, could this thread derail any more? :D

• greg2350
    edited September 2007
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2007
    Excellent video dude.

Believe me, Im a fanatical dog lover and this is one time Id prefer to be wrong. ;)

However, according to the CDC, Pitbulls account for 33% of all dog bite fatalities and considering there are hundreds of breeds of dogs out there, thats a notable figure. Its things like this that make me leary of them.

But you raise a good question:

Are pitbulls that much more dangerous inherantly - or because of their strength and build are they just the ones sought after by **** seeking to train them to fight and kill?

• greg2350
    edited September 2007
    Thats cool Macleod I guess I take it to personal because alot of people are misinformed about the breed and most owners of pitbulls are not responsible. My dog chased the guy because I told her to and she sensed he was invading my domain and she released when I told her to. She did what she was trained to do protect me and my property, she would have not chased the guy unless I told her to. my bad if I came across so negative. On a positive note she is a fully registered dog with ADBA 7th generation blue pit. I have had 2 litters with her at $800 a pup she has paid for all my gear:D :D

heres some interesting info for ya
    http://www.pitbullsoforegon.com/faqs.html#1
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2007
    greg2350 wrote: »
    I have had 2 litters with her at $800 a pup she has paid for all my gear:D :D

Say no more!!

I think I want a pitbull now! :D:p (actually I do want one of their cousins. Id love to have a British Bulldog)

Cool link by the way. I was one of those that thought they had a locking jaw.