Updated Zep and related news

heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,163
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Artwork and related news on the upcoming Zeppelin releases of "Mothership" and the re-mastered lengthened rerelease of "The Song Remains The Same"

Info on the upcoming Allison Krauss/Robert Plant cd.

Latest Zep news in the form of a BBC interview with Robert Plant.

http://www.tightbutloose.co.uk/main.html

H9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by heiney9 on

Comments

• Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited September 2007
    Cant wait for the re-release.
    Life without music would
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited September 2007
    Are these being remastered?
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • heiney9
    edited September 2007
    ninerbj wrote: »
    Are these being remastered?

The "Mothership" is anothe greatest hits hand picked by the band members, why the need I don't know :confused: . They will be remastered versions.

TSRTS will be a completely new version. It will include songs cut from the original release. It's my understanding that it is a whole new soundtrack that flows better, sounds better and includes more footage. Kevin Shirley who helped Jimmy Page with the DVD is involved in this project as well so the results should be nothing less than stellar. It will finally get the treatment it deserves. I'm tired of the uneven sound and edits on the original. This will get Blue Ray and well as HD DVD treatment and 5.1 surround w/DTS.

I know from a lot of reading that the tapes used for the DVD were in very poor almost unuseable shape and herculean efforts were used to get the quality presented on the DVD. The tapes for TSRTS should be in much better condition and that footage was actually conceived as a concert film whereas the footage used for DVD was never intended to be used as a video release with the possible exception of the Royal Albert Hall footage which was pretty amateurish for the time.

Should be well worth replacing your original The Song Remains The Same DVD

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited September 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Should be well worth replacing your original The Song Remains The Same DVD

H9

I concur!
    Life without music would
  • heiney9
    edited September 2007
    As you may or may not know but September 25th 1980 John Henry Bonham succumbed to asphyxiation due to choking on his own vomit. That was 27 years ago.

The first link is to a brief article w/a pic of his grave site

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/display.var.1711798.0.rock_genius_bonzo_is_never_forgotten.php

The 2nd is really cool. A free, color, downloadable 22 page issue of Trapps Magazine which was a recent tribute issue. Great stories and pics.

http://www.drummagazine.com/pdfs/bonham_traps_autumn.pdf

Enjoy

H9
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    As you may or may not know but September 25th 1980 John Henry Bonham succumbed to asphyxiation due to choking on his own vomit. That was 27 years ago.

The first link is to a brief article w/a pic of his grave site

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/display.var.1711798.0.rock_genius_bonzo_is_never_forgotten.php

The 2nd is really cool. A free, color, downloadable 22 page issue of Trapps Magazine which was a recent tribute issue. Great stories and pics.

http://www.drummagazine.com/pdfs/bonham_traps_autumn.pdf

Enjoy

H9

I was wondering when this was going up. I kept forgetting to post it.