What is your favorite season

AsSiMiLaTeD
AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'm curious what everyone's favorite season is, and where do you live.

Fall is my favorite time of the year.

Fall is my favorite because it's the furthest away from summer starting again and winter is just around the corner. In Fall, it's getting colder outside, which I like.

Winter would be my favorite, because it does have my favorite temperatures, but all I can do the second half of winter is think about how miserable the warming up period of spring is going to be and that we're getting closer to summer.

Spring is actually my least favorite season because all I can think about is how much summer is going to suck. In Spring, it's already warm enough outside to make me miserable (anything over 70 is miserable), and it's only going to get hotter, there appears to be no end in sight.

Summer is not my least favorite, for a couple of reasons. It's so freaking hot outside and I'm so miserable that my senses just basically shut down. I go into a quasi-catatonic state for about 4 months and I really don't know what's happening, I'm oblivious to my own misery because I'm in shock. Plus, Fall is right around the corner!!!

I live in the North Texas area, a.k.a. the seventh circle of hell
Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited September 2007
    Fall for sure, I love taking drives and seeing the different colors everywhere
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    PM... maybe you should move bro. janmike probably has a place for you up in Yellowknife, I don't think it often climbs above 70 there.

I like spring and fall. I don't mind the heat too much, I definitely can't stand the cold (below 40).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2007
    Spring here, though love fall also. Hate the extremes.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    I'm a Fall guy, myself.
    Bob... when did you move to New Hampshire?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited September 2007
    It's a bit of a toss up for me. Summers here are terrific, but I love the crisp air & colors of fall.
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2007
    I know we did this before, and fall kicked every other seasons ****, and for good reason....It's the BEST! :)
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited September 2007
    I like Fall & Winter.

I do like summer for the outdoor concerts and the beach. Just give me a few days at the beach and then summer could end
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2007
    I'm working on moving, I'm about 11 months out from moving
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited September 2007
    Although I really like Fall in southern Arizona, and it's beautiful; I prefer summer because of the higher temps. Even in the summer, our night time temps are like low 70's, so it's very pleasant. Ireally like being able to swim everyday, which during the fall it's just too cool.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited September 2007
    spring and Fall i would lean towards spring cause you dont have to rake up the leaves
    st. louis
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited September 2007
    I like all the seasons. That's why I live in NJ. We actually have definitive seasons.

Winter is awesome because that's when Christmas is and that's my favorite holiday.

Fall is cool 'cause it's football season and the trees look awesome! The weather is nice too but too many jackasses driving around looking at leaves.

Summer is cool 'cause it's summer! Especially down the shore when all the bikinis are out in force! That and my birthday is in the middle of the summer and that should be a national holiday already!

But by far, spring is the best! That's when baseball season starts! That's when the tracks open back up for competition and while all the trees in fall look awesome, they can't compare to the flowering trees in spring! Also, fishing gets more fun 'cause you can take the boats out again and it's striper season! The drive down the shore is awesome too because all those Jersey peach trees are blooming and so are the blueberry bushes! The lawn always looks absolutely fantastic too! I can keep going but I'll stop now.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    I'm a Fall guy, myself.
    Bob... when did you move to New Hampshire?

'Bout a month ago. I don't speak Portuguese, and don't own a flak jacket, so staying in Everett was really not an option. Plus there's only so many rights Massachusetts can take away before you get fed up, right? Live free or die :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    Good deal...
    I need to get my stupid arse out of the city. The Po-Po found a body about a block from my crib a week ago. Eeesh.

Fall still rules. Spring sucks. I hate bunnies.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited September 2007
    Fall = college/pro football season. Plus, the electric bill drops down some.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2007
    Ah, College Football and Bonfires!!!
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited September 2007
    Season 1 of the OC is my favorite season.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,712
    edited September 2007
    Fall, no doubt. Dryer air, cooler nights, football, Oktoberfest, Halloween parties, Hunting season, etc, etc...
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited September 2007
    Fall definitely since the Summer seems to last forever here and the break from the heat is almost euphoric.
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • auto_pilot
    auto_pilot Posts: 256
    edited September 2007
    i voted summer...but then again i live in CALI so its summer here all year long...;)

i actually like spring a lot, its just i suffer from severe springtime allergies...therefore spring is teh suxors.
    Cambridge Audio AZUR 640R
    KEF IQ2C Center, Fronts KEF IQ1 , Rears KEF Ci302Q
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Panasonic Plasma 1080i (50u)
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
    Belkin Pure Audio PF31 Line Conditioner
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    I voted for all of them, just because you let me.

However, I like winter.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited September 2007
    though i'm in the hot, dry desert, i chose summer. mainly for it being swimming weather. also, i hate to wear clothes. i'm the only fool you'll find wearing a short-sleeved shirt with shorts and flip-flops in the winter due to that fact. at least in the summer i do not look unappropriately dressed. effectively, i do not look psychotic.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2007
    I always liked Fall. Not to hot and not to cold. Now that I am living in NC and not NJ I will have to live through my first winter down here. Then I might chage my mind. After this summer down here when it was over 100 everyday I am looking foward to cold weather.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    Something about thicker beer and the fall... mmmm... love it

Throw in the football.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited September 2007
    Mating season?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited September 2007
    Spring! Life is new! Everything that was dormant or hibernating for the Winter comes alive. Perennial plants begin to pop out of the ground. The Sun brings warmth to the very cool air. The Spring rains smell fresh. Trees bud flowers, then turn brilliant green. Everything comes ALIVE! Days become longer, and the hormones begin to flow!!:p It's mating season:D

Horray! Horray!

It's the first of May,

Outdoor sex

Begins today!
    Carl

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    Any time of year when its not HOT!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    winter , fall, and spring..
    I don`t do extreme heat to well..

Spring is cool because it`s nice to go for bike (motorcycle) rides and smell all the freshness..

fall and winter are cool because in fall you can always put more clothes on to adjust your temp..

I like winter because I like Ma Nature kickin butt....and it the best when it`s stormin outside, and your inside next to a warm set of glowin tubes...!

Thought I was gonna say fire didn`t ya ?!!!

nothin like commin in from a nasty,stormy day, and feeling all warm and comfy inside your house while Ma Nature is cleaning the planet for us...
    Then Spring rolls around and everything is fresh again...!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2007
    Fall - 100%. I love the colours, cool nights and refreshing days. I do not like the heat all that well. I often wonder how I dealt with it in southern Ontario for 30+ years.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited September 2007
    Definitely Winter.
    I like the crisp air and bundling up. Nothing beats warming up by the fire and eating my home made beef stew.