Anybody familiar with Microsoft Works Spreadsheet?

dragon1952
dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
This thing is driving me insane. It does this thing every 10 secs where the hour glass blinks twice and you can't input anything for around 2 seconds. It's not the auto save because that's set for 10 minutes. Anybody know what it is and how to turn it off. I've checked everything I can think of. :confused:
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
Post edited by dragon1952 on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2007
    It's BIG BOTHER watching you ;)

Other then that no idea, but you're talking about Excel right?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dragon1952
    edited September 2007
    No not Excel. The cheapass Microsoft Works spreadsheet that comes with XP.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2007
    I didn't even know Microsoft had spreadsheet something that came with XP.

Learn something everyday. :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited September 2007
    I'd hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and select "Task Manager (TM)," select the tab along the top called "Processes" and click in the column "CPU" one or two times to get the big numbers at the top to sort on what process is using your CPU’s horsepower up. Get your Works spreadsheet next to the TM window and see if there's a corresponding spike in CPU usage when your spreadsheet is stalling.

Sometimes when I get these kinds of problems, I run Registry Mechanic, it's the best money ($30) I've spent on computer improvement. (No affiliation)
  • dragon1952
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, thanks but that's the first thing I tried but I didn't see anything unusual at first.
    Now that I know the process name of the spreadsheet though I notice that the hourglass corresponds to a jump from 0 to 8% CPU usage and a memory usage increase of about 52KB by the spreadsheet process. The total memory used by that program jumps by that 52KB every 10 secs even when I'm not making any changes. Maybe it's got a memory leak or something.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    Typically "works" is an older version of "Office" with very minor changes.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing