Anyone want SR6500 comps at a fration of the cost???

G-force
G-force Posts: 82
edited October 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
I'm looking for someone to go in on the cardomain deal for these speakers. Buy one pair, get the second pair half off with free shipping. That would come to a total of $1125 for 2 pairs, or $565 per person. Any takers?

I have not personally heard the speaks, but I love Polk and they get outstanding reviews by just about everyone.

Here's a pic of my new rig that they will go into...
IMG_4355.jpg?t=1190350046
Post edited by G-force on

Comments

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited September 2007
    nice truck
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited September 2007
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    killerb wrote: »

True, but going thru Cardomain theyre fully authorized and you get the full manufacturers warranty.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • killerb
    edited September 2007
    yeah, but you can save a ton of bucks. i got my sr6500's for 400 and am very happy with them. with them you get a 1 year warranty, and they will stand by it.
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited September 2007
    ^vs. a 5 year warranty through Polk that will take care of you 1000 times better than any eBayer. Buy cheap, get cheap service.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • killerb
    edited September 2007
    i get what your saying, but i got every part of my system from ebay except my head unit and saved a ton of cash versus paying retail. i have had zero problems because i buy quality items from poeple with excellent feedback. i will take the chance with a one year warranty because i know what im doing in setting up my gear, so there is a very good chance nothing will go wrong because polk makes great gear. i even got my sr124's from ebay for 50% less than retail with a one year warranty and have zero issues. i will continue to do so and if i have a proplem with a piece, im still WAY ahead of the game ill just replace it or repair it. i have saved thousands of dollars so now im planning my trip to hawaii now. ha ha!
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited September 2007
    i get what your saying, but i got every part of my system from ebay except my head unit and saved a ton of cash versus paying retail. i have had zero problems because i buy quality items from poeple with excellent feedback. i will take the chance with a one year warranty because i know what im doing in setting up my gear, so there is a very good chance nothing will go wrong because polk makes great gear. i even got my sr124's from ebay for 50% less than retail with a one year warranty and have zero issues. i will continue to do so and if i have a proplem with a piece, im still WAY ahead of the game ill just replace it or repair it. i have saved thousands of dollars so now im planning my trip to hawaii now. ha ha!

How do you like your SR124's? What type of box do you have them in? I have the DVC's and looking at a sealed 1.64 ft/3 enclosure.
  • killerb
    edited September 2007
    i love them! i have mine in a sealed 2.4 cubic ft. box. thats what polk recomended. they do it all.
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
  • Installer4life
    edited September 2007
    i love them! i have mine in a sealed 2.4 cubic ft. box. thats what polk recomended. they do it all.

I hate to be dumb but that is 2.4ft/3 per pair or 2.4ft/3 per woofer. When I put the parameters in my box building program I get a fairly large box. Thanks
  • killerb
    edited September 2007
    thats for both drivers.
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
  • Installer4life
    edited September 2007
    thats for both drivers.

Sounds good That is what I will shoot for. Thanks, hopefully I can have this up and running within two weeks.
  • G-force
    edited September 2007
    G-force wrote: »
    I'm looking for someone to go in on the cardomain deal for these speakers. Buy one pair, get the second pair half off with free shipping. That would come to a total of $1125 for 2 pairs, or $565 per person. Any takers?

Is anyone ready to step up and get the best set of comps on the market for the money.

I think a 5 year Polk factory waranty is more than worth the extra $60 you'd pay over the ebay price with a 1 year 3rd party waranty. Plus Cardomain has never done me wrong through many purchases.

Let's do this!
  • JoshParsons84
    JoshParsons84 Posts: 565
    edited September 2007
    Hey guys has anybody heard the Alpine Type X components? Somebody told me that Alpine was more for everyday driving SQ and that Polk was more for competition SPL. Is that true? I like a lot of heavy stuff that's got really heavy guitar like Slayer and Lamb Of God but a lot of diverse stuff like the hair metal 80's. Are the SR's still for me? I've got the last year's db 6x9 off a factory deck and they sound pretty awesome. They sound better than both of my Type R 5x7's so that's why I was asking if they Polk's are really that much better?

Hey another question, what's a good amp to push the SR components and a good amp to push 1 (possibly 2) 10? Remember it's for an all-metal SQ system.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    That somebody was an idiot. Polk has never been anything close to SPL oriented.

In fact, the Alpine Type-X components and the SR components use the same design of tweeters. For as big as the SR's ring radiator is, it is still very efficient and IMO, does a better job than the type-x. The SR's crossovers are about as good as it gets from passives, and the midbass is no slouch either.

I'd have no problem putting the SRs in a SQ-oriented system for people that listen to metal. They will highly exceed your expectations...just make sure you get rid of those rear speakers when you put these in.

What subs are you going to get? SRs?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • G-force
    edited September 2007
    I run type X in my GTI, and while I think they sound great, from what I have read, the SR's are in another class, which I would hope considering the price.
    3443433523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2335%3D983%3D7%3B%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232393%3A946283ot1lsi
    3443433523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2335%3D983%3D7%3B%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232393%3A9367%3A8ot1lsi
    MiscPics169.jpg
  • JoshParsons84
    JoshParsons84 Posts: 565
    edited October 2007
    Yeah I'll be running one for now (possibly 2 down the road) SR 10's. I would like to know if the C500.1 would do a good enough job to push 2 or if I would have to go something bigger. Like an Alpine PDX.1-1000. And then for the components would a C400.4 be really good for those SR's or would the Alpine PDX.4-150 be better?
  • G-force
    edited October 2007
    No takers...I'm now considering Focal K2 Power comps.
  • kuruma
    kuruma Posts: 2
    edited October 2007
    You still looking for someone to go in with you? I'm in the market for a pair
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited October 2007
    hey, I'm in the market for a pair as well.

I was searching cardomian's site. I dont the sr6500 listed?
  • G-force
    edited October 2007
    I was searching cardomian's site. I dont the sr6500 listed?

I just checked and now I dont see any Polk on the site. It seems like they are clearing alot of inventory. I wonder what's up.

Anyway I found some Focal K2 power locally authorized, so the sr's are out.
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited October 2007
    I've been reading many reviews about the SR's ever since I started thinking about upgrading my stereo... Only reason I don't have them already is because I also have to worry about paying for school. But I'm hoping that one day I can call myself a proud owner of these component speakers.

In depth review:
    http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0511cae_polk_audio_sr6500_car_speakers/index.html