USMC Regimental Combat Team Members Would Like Some E-mail

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
US Marine Colonel Simcock, the commander of USMC Regimental Combat Team (RCT) 6 in Iraq, is asking for 6,000 positive emails to his Marines. That's one email for each Marine in his RCT command. COL Simcock is concerned about the effect of the negative barrage that those Marines are
getting through the electronic media. So far, they've only mustered 2,000 emails. That's a crying shame compared to the amount of crap I get daily in email. This is a legitimate request. It's not one of the "little Johnny wants to break the world's record in Christmas cards" situations. It takes only 30 seconds of your time. Here's the email address:

RCT-6lettersfromh@gcemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

If you're reading this email, then you can probably click on the address, type a few words, and then hit "send" to be all done. It doesn't have to be the Gettysburg Address. Something as simple as "Hello, Marine. We thank you for what you're doing. You are in a noble task. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Best wishes & get home soon" is more than sufficient.

An excerpt from an interview with the Colonel:

GRIM:
Is there anything that you and your Marines need that we could send you?
COL. SIMCOCK: (Chuckles.) I'll tell you what, the one thing that all Marines want to know about -- and that includes me and everyone within Regimental Combat Team 6 -- we want to know that the American public are behind us. We believe that the actions that we're taking over here are very, very important to America. We're fighting a group of people that, if they could, would take away the freedoms that America enjoys. If anyone -- you know, just sit down, jot us -- throw us an e- mail, write us a letter, let us know that the American public are behind us. Because we watch the news just like everyone else. It's broadcast over here in our chow halls and the weight rooms, and we watch that stuff, and we're a little bit concerned sometimes that America really doesn't know what's going on over here, and we get sometimes concerns that the American public isn't behind us and doesn't see the importanc e of what's going on. So that's something I think that all Marines, soldiers and sailors would like to hear from back home, that in fact, yes, they think what we're doing over here is important and they are in fact behind us.
DO IT NOW!!!

IT JUST TAKES A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME .. THAT'S NOT MUCH TO ASK FOR WHAT THEY'RE DOING FOR US!

Grim's blog is here.

The full interview transcript is here.

Click here for another interview with the Col.
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2007
    "Here's the email address:" followed by a big blank spot
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2007
    Wierd. Fixed it!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited September 2007
    done.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited September 2007
    Done brother.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited September 2007
    Done.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited September 2007
    done.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited September 2007
    My email got bounced...huh? Talk about ironic, I'm Dept of defense!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited September 2007
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    Done.

Great thread Frank!!!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    I too sent an e-mail...

I added the addy to my book, and will shoot one off every chance I get

Thanks for the heads up !

My son is going back for the third time....to kick **** for our freedom

These guy`s and Girls need our support......it`s the least we can do
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited September 2007
    Done, and beardog tell your son I said thanks for all that he does out there. Being a former Marine myself, my last tour of duty was Afghan, so surely I know what they face. Tell that Devildog to keep his head up. Semper Fi.
    Marines Rule.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    Done.

Go Navy!:)
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited September 2007
    Done!

Frank, thanks for posting this link. We need to give these brave men and women all of our support.
    Carl

• opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited September 2007
    Done

Keep taking it to em Boy's
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited September 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    Done.

Go Navy!:)

I spent a yr out of my Marine Corps career with the Navy on a ship. 15th MEU and was on the USS Essex. Have to give it to you guys that sea duty sucks balls. Have to admit, it was some of the best sleep I ever had in my life, when the ship rocks. Those coffin racks werent a joke either.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    Sherardp wrote: »
    I spent a yr out of my Marine Corps career with the Navy on a ship. 15th MEU and was on the USS Essex. Have to give it to you guys that sea duty sucks balls. Have to admit, it was some of the best sleep I ever had in my life, when the ship rocks. Those coffin racks werent a joke either.

:D I love it when you former marines get all the ship duty! Served five years in the navy, and not once have I been out to sea!

Anyway, lets keep the letters comming guys! These emails mean A LOT to these guys, trust me!! It's bad enough what they hear about on the news, lets give these guys the encouragement they need. A little moral boost goes a long way...
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2007