edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,439
    edited September 2007
    Hehe......
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited September 2007
    Great
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 11
    edited September 2007
    i own an iphone *frown*
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    I do love a good bashing, but... Bill Maher is kind of a tool. And by "kind of" I mean "really a tool."
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2007
    Why would anyone care about maher's opinion on anything? I know I don't.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2007
    shack wrote: »
    Why would anyone care about maher's opinion on anything? I know I don't.

this.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,439
    edited September 2007
    Agreed, Maher is a first rate putz, but his comments on that subject gave me a laugh.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    this.

what?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • carpenter
    carpenter Posts: 362
    edited September 2007
    This whole thing makes me wonder once again what is it about the Audio market that provokes all the arrogance of so called critics.
    They are worried about your rights (Total BS), as if all Audio fans are gullible fools.
    other markets are so much worse.
    They push cell phones for 600$ each, by promising their product would change your life. a year later its obsolete, and guess what? out comes a shiner model and your live need to change again. but this time for real.
    or take the pc market. I have an OS which works just fine (XP SP2) . I also enjoy gaming. MS decides the only way I'm gonne be able to run DX10 games on my PC, is if I "upgrade" to Vista. and don't get me started on office suites.
    what a rip off:mad:
    how about fashion? my wife bought 700$ boots :(. next year its out of style (who the eff decides what's in style?) and I part with 600 more. I can't, for the life of me tell the difference between the pairs.
    Now, when it come to audio gear, if a guy payed 300$ for speaker wire, he is the biggest sucker ever. I personally wonna upgrade my phone's amp to X-CAN v3, and I've been going back and forth about it for weeks. it would set me back no more then 500$ and it will also last for ever. Hell, if you ask the SDA crowed , the speakers they bought 20 years ago are still fantastic.
    seems a little weird.

I hope this doesn't qualify is thread jacking.
    "If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody **** Bank'"