seeking advice on yourmusic.com

fatchowmein
fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Go for it? I know. I missed the boat and it's now $6.99. Would love to pickup as much RCA Living Stereo SACD's as possible but being burned by Columbia and BMG in my youth I'm a bit leary about getting 12 cd's for $.01 and finding a $30 shipping charge and a $60 handling fee.

Are they easy to contact?

Is it easy to cancel?

Will I actually get what I want or is all the good stuff on backorder? "We're sorry. Diana Krall's From This Moment on is backordered but we've substituted a comparable Christina Aguilera CD. Enjoy."
Post edited by fatchowmein on

Comments

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited September 2007
    Go for it? I know. I missed the boat and it's now $6.99. Would love to pickup as much RCA Living Stereo SACD's as possible but being burned by Columbia and BMG in my youth I'm a bit leary about getting 12 cd's for $.01 and finding a $30 shipping charge and a $60 handling fee.

Are they easy to contact?

Is it easy to cancel?

Will I actually get what I want or is all the good stuff on backorder? "We're sorry. Diana Krall's From This Moment on is backordered but we've substituted a comparable Christina Aguilera CD. Enjoy."

I had no problems at all with them.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2007
    I've been using them for some time now and have not had any problems; once in a while I get notified that a CD that I have in my queue is going to be unaveilable by the time it's expected to ship, so I need to bring it forward, but that's it.

Their selection is somewhat limited, but for $6.99 I can live with that.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited September 2007
    Been using them for about a year now and I think they are great. As mentioned above, their selection is limited, so they don't meet all my music needs. They don't switch cd's that you pick. Once they indicated that they were running low and I needed to move my selection earlier... which was no prob. You cant beat the price. Never tried canceling as I'm still using them. Shipping is a bit slow, takes 7-10 days.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,712
    edited September 2007
    I've been using them for about 2 years. No problems so far. The best thing is, they are always the same price, no shipping, no tax, just one CD per month in your queue. You can purchase extras any time you like, just put them in you Cart. Same price, No surprises. SACDs are the same price too (although the selection is limited to about 55 choices)!

The ONLY thing I don't like is that you can't put double albums/box sets in your queue. You have to put them in your cart and purchase. Seems silly to me. Just charge me extra for that month if its a double!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for the feedback. Wish they had more sacd's. Will try it out for a few months.

Thx
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited September 2007
    I've used them for better than a year now, and have only had issues with cracked jewel cases now and then. However in this event you can simply go to the website and report it, and they will ship you a new one free of charge.

Like said above their selection isn't the greatest, but it's impossible to beat the price.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,