If you wanna talk shite then do it here.

candyliquor35m
candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just remember Polk is trying to maintain its good reputation and integrity on this forum. The least the rest of us can do is maintain our own personal integrity and that includes respect for each other on a personal level and respect for everyone's opinion and believe me that can be done without personal attacks, name calling and threats.

My green thread had 2 pages of interesting and humorous comments until troy stuck his head in it and then the last page fell into the crapper.

One of my goals in life is to do good in any way possible. Thus the green thread where I shared the success I had (as much as 20%) in reducing my electric usage this year and also a thread sharing my success in fighting MS and some controversial ones about flu shots and such. All were done with good intent.

No one has to agree with my crap but if I raise just one person's awareness on the subject then for me it was all worth it.

I don't keep track but a good 50-75% of the threads on here, I don't even open. It's not that hard to do. If you're not into "green" then don't open the thread.
Post edited by candyliquor35m on

Comments

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited September 2007
    Awareness ??? ... LOL ...

If you are that into GREEN there are undoubtedly zillions of boards out there dedicated to this sort stuff ... Feel free to join them all and post away ...

What you need to be AWARE of is that by definition this is an AUDIO board or at worst an A/V board in which members for the most part could care less how green it is ... Beyond that, given that green comments are likely to either start or wind up being political in nature there's no point in starting since political stuff has long since been tossed from here for obvious reasons ...
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2007
    Do As I Say Not As I Do Morons!!!

Raaaarrrrr!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    The Tampa Bay Devil Rays suck.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2007
    I had a very spicy lunch today. I think I'm going to be sorry when I go shite tonight.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited September 2007
    I read the whole unofficial thread. IMHO, Candyliquor you need to get thicker skin.

If that is going to get me thrown out of the forum so be it. But you jumped off the deep end for no reason at all.

If you put a thread on a public forum there is always going to be someone that has the opposite opinion. If you are not able to defend your point or just ignore the comment you should not post in a public forum.

As for name calling, do you know what it means to name call. It didn't happen anywhere in the thread until after your comment about it. Are you psychic?

Just relax. People make comments to be funny or to escape there everyday life. None of us get paid to be on the site. We come here for Support and Fun not political agenda's.

And just in case I am thrown off I would just like to say, "It has been fun guys and gals".
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    I'm offended by the word "shite". I believe you were talking about my friends in Iraq? Reported.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2007
    I dont even have words. :rolleyes:
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • candyliquor35m
    edited September 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Although, now that you mention it.....there were two people at last PF who disappeared suddenly. No one knows what happened to them. Maybe they are in someone's chest freezer waiting for some fava beans and a nice chianti?

BDT

This is another threat that troy tried to sneak in. Everyone knows what he meant: "this could happen to you if you don't bow down before me and kiss my feet". Threats don't have to be spelled out to the nth degree to be threats. This comment was out of line and uncalled for. It may have been completely innocent and amusing to him but in the heat of battle, things can easily be taken the wrong way and this one was.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2007
    Are you seriously worried that Troy is going to eat your liver?
    McFly? Hello?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    Oh wow. Every time I start to feel a little sympathy for people ganging up on you, you throw out a gem like that.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • candyliquor35m
    edited September 2007
    Are you seriously worried that Troy is going to eat your liver?
    McFly? Hello?

That's not the point. The comment was an indirect threat just like he thinks the stabbing comment was indirect but both would probably be allowed in a court of law to show his character and possible intent.

As far as the victim comments: I"m not a victim, I'm a fighter. A victim would have given up a long time ago.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2007
    And who/what are you fighting?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2007
    As far as the victim comments: I"m not a victim, I'm a fighter. A victim would have given up a long time ago.

What Lifetime Original movie did you steal this line from?
This discussion has been closed.