Lord of the Rings

Options
jdavy
jdavy Posts: 380
edited October 2002 in Music & Movies
How many polk fans are waiting for the up coming release of the lord of the rings dvd that will have the DTS soundtrack and extra footage?
Post edited by jdavy on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Yes we're buying it! It's due for release on November 12. We also have a coupon to save $5 on this version that came in the other LOTR-FOTR if you saved your receipt. Although, I must say the DD soundtrack is excellent!

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I'm not encouraging this BS on the part of the DVD industry.
    They should put the DTS on the same disc as the DD.
    BTW, there is a hellofa lot of "extra" stuff on the regular copy, which you can buy "previewed" at Blockbuster for $12.99

-Luc
  • ChrisDurano
    ChrisDurano Posts: 372
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I have to agree with you Luc, you know once the whole trilogy is out on DVD....there's going to be one HUGE box set that'll sell for about $70 to $80 bucks. Jeesh, and most people probably spent $20 or so bucks watching this in the theatre (date and snacks).
    Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Count me in. November 12th is going to be expensive...

- Lord of the Rings
    - Attack of the Clones
    - Reign of Fire

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Reign of Fire: Pretty good actually, just good entertainment flick, no thinking involved ;)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I skipped the initial release of LOTR to get this big daddy set coming out. Can't wait for the extended version in DTS!
    No excuses!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I skipped the initial release of LOTR to get this big daddy set coming out.

Same here John. I've been too busy to watch a lot of movies and the 1st LOTR would probably still be in the shrink wrap. I too am looking forward to the DTS version.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited October 2002
    Options
    i will pass on that one i will spend my money on the spiderman instead and sw-ep2 aotc
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited October 2002
    Options
    You can count me out too! Got the first one for my birthday. The
    spiderman is a must.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • shiznit311
    shiznit311 Posts: 95
    edited October 2002
    Options
    The one coming out Nov 12th is gonna have about 30 minutes extra footage that was cut. If I'd have known that I would have waited...
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited October 2002
    Options
    It's LOTR SE, Spiderman and SW EP2 for me. Screw it, they're all mine come release day!!!

Now, if I can only find the time to atleast watch one of them. School is busting my ****!!!
    No excuses!
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I can understand the disire for SW #2 to complete a series but Spiderman? I saw the film on a flight to Hong Kong and was not impressed. Great acting from William DeFoe but no story. Oh, is it the wet t-shirt thing you guys liked?
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Well, America was in need for a new hero and here comes Spiderman, at the right place and time...the story is kinda so..so, the acting is not that great and Wiliam Dafoe's acting is way below standard and I think he can do better than that, but the special effects and stunt works are outstanding that made up for the big picture ...and then you just can't beat the spider fever of the last summer...everyone went out and bought the tickets for two hours of fun.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Spider Man was no doubt the best comic book-to-movie ever. Toby played the role of Peter Parker perfectly. Excellent movie!

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I hope Spriderman lives up to all the hype. I will be getting mine.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited October 2002
    Options
    spiderman was a great movie and toby was great at it but i think marry jane was sucked a bit but it was a solid movie it had great flow it is a solid movie and if they do a good job on the seccond one it will rock
  • rlightfoot
    rlightfoot Posts: 87
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Query: Will Spidey come out in DD, only to entice us later with a SE DTS version ala this LOTR BS?
    "I want to change my username to Gordo, but Club Polk won't let me"
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2002
    Options
    No DTS on the Spiderman DVD. I believe you are right. Probably expect another edition later.