now back to srv on houston pbs :)
Post edited by candyliquor35m on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Picking those up tomorrow morning.....:D
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Really? That would make 3 pair of sdas in your house now.
  • avguytx
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Yep. 3 pairs BUT the pair I bought today (which was less than $600) are not for me. They are for my best friends 40th birthday next month. He turns 40 2 days before I turn 41. We've been best friends since we were 8 and 9 so I have a hard time putting a price on that kind of friendship. Before I take them home in a few weeks (before Oct 12th!), I'm going to redo the crossovers, replace the grill cloth on the front and sides, and redo/replace the tops and bottoms. The tops/bottoms are the oak (?) veneer over particle board and are in reasonable shape but do have some veneer peeling and missing in some spots. The bottoms are just kind of ragged from the years of moving around. I may just replace them with solid wood and leave them unfinished so they can stain them to match their living room. I'll just get them to that point and let his wife finish that part. She LOVES refinishing furniture.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Can I be your friend? I'm a nice guy. My birthday is in August, so you have plenty of time to save for my present. :D

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • avguytx
    edited September 2007
    Options
    What can I say. This guy and his wife, family, and parents have been close to my family for as long as I can remember. It's not a monetary thing. It's more an appreciation thing that no amount of money could buy. I feel fortunate that I have had a friend like him for 32 years. I'm just glad he remembers crap about our teenage years that I can't!
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Well you go Av !
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables